Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone posted this link earlier. It is scary, to sat the least. Incredible!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Am I seeing strong doubling on the obverse, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe the seller says it's probably a counterfeit and this black corroded piece of cleaned junk bids up to almost a regular price.
    Do the bidders not read the description or they just stupid?
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    They always seem to add something similar to this:

<< <i>and if its real someone will get a 1909sVDB at a very cheap price. >>

This seller knows damned good and well the coin is bogus, and was hoping for a good sucker to come along.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Will someone please explain to the uninitiated how you know that this is a fake? (other than by the obvious admission by the seller)

Thanks!
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Now, now boys and girls. Where would our hobby be without the cons, shills, deceptions

overenthusiastic descriptions,bogus coins, doctored coins and pictures and outright fraud. These things

are what keeps our lives exciting.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Ya know, the sell is CONsiderate in his description, but on what planet are these idiots from. "Counterfit" is not an ambigous term. Its like saying, here is a bag of dog crap, bid it up because there might be a 09s vdb in there? Yuck! image
    Wondo

• Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    coindaughter,

#1 There is no record of a double die 1909s vdb
    #2 a really popular counterfitted coin is raw
    #3 the seller says he's not sure its real and explains why

These are just the tip of the iceberg.
    Wondo

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, it's becoming all too easy to believe.

I think we're about due for another "1804 dollar" copy to get bid up to $300-500, just because some idjit thinks he's got a small chance of striking it rich...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Yeah but wouldn't you guys feel stupid if it did turn out to be real. image
    A coin like this even if it is a counterfeit will always be easy to sell, I think it would be worth it to purchase it, examine it, and send it for slabbing, if it turns out fake, then oh well just re sell it, but if it turns out real, Well then you've made yourself a fortune.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if you could make a fortune, 450.00 seems like all the money if it was genuineimage--------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Junk Sells. image
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file