Home U.S. Coin Forum

Michael is a class act...

OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
...He sent me some more beautiful auction catalogs. Michael has been an invaluable source for me in building my numismatic library. He ALWAYS sends his extra catalogs my way...free of charge.

Just thought it needed to be said.

Thanks, Michael...catalogs arrived safe and sound.

Cheers,

Bob

Comments

• krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Cool. Michael has always been generous with his time and experience with me via PMs. Hope to get a chance to meet him someday.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    I agree.....Michael is always willing to share his
    time and expertise when ask. A asset to the boards!
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    Here, Here! image

TBT
  • Which Michael?There are a few.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur image

smprfi, michael michael image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • he's probably blushing, lol.

keep up the great posts michael.

youv'e always been one of my favs.
    may the force be with you.

rob.
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    You mean sincerely micheal? Yeah, he's a cool old guy. image
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    Yes, agreed, Michael is a great source of info and willing to share his thoughts and time.

• dimeadzndimeadzn Posts: 123 ✭✭
    I agree 100%. He's one of the most considerate posters here.
    Hamsters oy! Why collect they the taco.
  • mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    One of the best memebers on the forum, i've learned a lot from him and i'm sure i have alot more to learn.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Michael is very "okie"------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    For his many informative and enjoyable contributions and good deeds, Michael goes TTT.
  • michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    wow thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
    a very nice surprise for me today i really apprecaite it more than you can imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

outhaul bob you do more for me than i you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kranky you are always a gentleman on here and willing to help anyone!
    rkfish you have given me much insider information on various things i have asked you!
    TBT byron you are a gentleman to work with and you keep your word and have great coins!
    dan1ecu you always have something good to say and are an asset here always a pleasure to see you
    smprfi always a pleasure to see your posts on here!
    airplanenut your web sites are great and you are always an asset on here hope to get a website with you!
    lazeroo you always have something good and fair to say on here and i learn much!
    dog97 and prooflike i have learned much from you both and you are gentlemen on here
    dimeadzn you are an asset to these boards and always have something good to add!
    mbbiker just remember me when you get to be a big coin dealer!
    bige it is always a pleasure to deal and talkto you and it is important as you always have something good and information to say
    coinguy1 mark what can i say but thanks and please do not change!!!!!! you are a monster asset to these boards even more important than the coins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    registrycoin you have helped me lots and you are an extremely advanced collector and also a super nice guy!

i feel that everyone on here that posted deserves as much or more credit than me!

outhaul bob!!!!!!!!!!!! you are most welcome! you are most kind

now remember you sent me a rare coin book thick with much information about early commems hardback and out of print that i had never seen or heard of and i wanted it

and you just sent it to me !!!!!!!!!!

so i sent you something so remember

you are tops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sincerely michael
  • numobrinumobri Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

I also must agree.THANKS Michael.
    NUMO
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is, Michael makes you feel like you're the only guy he ever talks to. One of the astounding things I've discovered from this post is how amazingly wide-ranging is his generosity.

He has been SO helpful to me, giving me advice, teaching me how to grade proofs. Did you know He let me send him seven proof sets, and reviewed all those coins in wonderful detail, first on the PMs and then on the phone, for nothing but good will? Astounding!

The man with the flying fingers, whose love for coins and driven enthusiasm outpaces his typing! The man who can't stop talking when he gets on the phone with you, and whose every word nonetheless is golden, and keeps me entranced!

And then with all that, he understates his contributions with a humility that is irresistable.

Now come to find out, he's been this way, and has special relationships with so many of us!

Edited to add:

Sincerely, Dpoole image
  • I wanna be like Mike! image

P.S........any "extra" extra auction catalogues that are getting in the way i'll be happy to take off your hands! image
    The Ex-"Crown Jewel" of my collection! 1915 PF68 (NGC) Barber Half "Eliasberg".

Once again resides with Legend, the original purchaser "raw" at live Eliasberg auction. Laura and i "love" the same lady!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file