Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Which player autograph would be the best to collect for resale value?

Posted this on HI and thought I would do the same here:

Which player autograph do you think would be the best to collect for resale value and/or challenge and why? Looking for modern day player.

Comments

• Options
    UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭
    you know.. it surprised me that you didn't pick Webber as your personal favorite.. image
  • Options
    Im just wondering...what would be the best investment (if auto cards could be). Plus, with Webber, I made a lot more than I spent on them so they definitely had great resale for me.
  • Options
    UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭
    I think Chamberlain would be the best one to buy.. for obvious reasons image
  • Options
    kr580kr580 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭
    Muggsy Bouges image

i kid, i kid
  • Options
    Larry Bird, all the way.
  • Options
    iverson autos are rare
    I collect all! mostly football- My main collectable wants are Jamal Lewis,Ray Lewis, and cool ass auto's

refs:jeffo81,baird,Romeo,co1lector,Euphoria18,Cardnyou and many more just ask

• Options
    YEAH I'D GO W/ WILT!!! THOSE 20,000 GROUPIES HE BAGGED IS GOING TO BE PRETTY HAD TO MATCHimage
    my web site

refs-NETFAN5, 23JORDAN8KOBE, COACHVINNY

ANGEL POWER!!!
  • Options
    Well the top two current players in that respect would have to be Iverson and McGrady, but since there's such a panic going about McGrady cards I'd say Iverson is the better current value image

I think Shaq AU cards will probably do quite nicely in the longer term, especially when he retires (sometimes people don't realize greatness until it's over image )

Bird and Wilt take the cake when it comes to retired players... Wilt gets the pie too imageimage
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Options
    I agree Iverson will probably sell high when he retires...if your waiting that long...short term here are guys that will go up next year:

NBA
    Caron Butler autos up next year, Especially if the Heat get a top 3 pick and get Darko, Lebron, or Carmelo
    Yao autos up next year, he has got used to most of the guys in the nba & is used to the rules, # of games, etc.
    Sleeper:
    Jerome Moiso & Kenny Thomas, both young and coming into their own in the playoffs

MLB
    Pat Burrell, my bias pick but hes going to be a stud
    Jessie Foppert, very good young pitcher

NFL
    Jerry Porter, started to play very good last year
    Peerless Price, basically the only WR on ATL
    Sleeper:
    Peter Warrick, with a good QB finally he will be a real good WR in the league now

NHL
    Dany Heatley, awesome young start will be a really good Winger in the NHL
    Vaclav Prospal, could be real good next year
    Sleeper:
    Simon Gagne, will be a star
  • Options

REGGIE MILLER

JOHN STOCKTON

PATRICK EWING