Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Ft. Washington Show

Anyone planning on going to the show early Friday afternoon? If so, PLMK
I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

Comments

• Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    My flight from Orlando arrives in DC at 1:30 I expect to be at the show by 5:00.

Bob-gaspipe26
  • Options
    Heading down Saturday morning. Drop a submission to PSA and look around.
  • Options
    Can't make it this time. The 5th Annual Speckled Trout & Redfish Rodeo is this weekend and no way I'm missing that.
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    I will be inside show from 12:30 to about 6pm on Friday. If anybody has cards for any of the sets I am building, that is a good time to sell them to me.

Davalillo(Jim)
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Marc (MS),

I'm there too. Should be there by 5:30. And I may go Sunday too.

Maybe I'll see you or some of the other board members there.

Neal (1420sports),

Are you going friday night. Drop me a pm.

Tony (aconte)
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Unless plans change at the last minute, I expect to be on the members line by 4:30 Friday afternoon.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there Friday afternoon, I must honor my appointment w/ Davalillo...jay
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I was not planning on going - but if Jay, Tony and Marc are going to be there, then yes I will attend. With the upcoming wedding, I do not plan on spending any money .... I will have to use the card image
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Jay,

I can fit you in between 3:45 and 3:55 on Friday afternoon--meet by 707. Find something else for me except those 60 or so 65s.

Jim
  • Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    Me Miss a Ft. Washington Show - Never Happen.

However, just spoke to Joe from Set Builders and he won't be there !
    How will I possibly fill in my needed commons for my set(s)....?
    Gotta congregate around someone else's table.....

Friday and Saturday for me....
    Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Steve,

I confirmed with Joe last week that he wouldn't be there... Its gonna make it a lot tougher, but then again I'll get more exercise than just sitting in a chair and handing Joe my money!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Hey, how does a new guy introduce himself to all the veterans? I'd like to meet some folks in person. I'll be at the Fort Friday 5-9pm.

I have seen the huddled masses at the setbuilders table before but I don't know who's who. Maybe we should all wear our black PSA hats or nametags with our message board IDs.

And for fun I'll bring along a box of 89 Topps commons and we can take turns walking up to Mr. Mint's table and ask if he's buying. It should be fun after the 20th person asks him. I'm sure he'll be a good sport about it.

Bruce
    (The53Kid)
    Looking for:
    1953 Topps in PSA 8
    1941 Playball in PSA 8.
    1952-1955 Red Man cards in 7 and 8
    1950 Bowman in PSA 8
  • Options
    BRUCE - I've met many board members at the Fort from EJGuru & Gaspipe when I set up to FB & Bauerfan at Setbuilders table. Just look at a collector looking through commons (raw or graded) and mention "Are You On The Registry" and there a good chance they will say yes, and if they are on the registry theres a good chance they are on these boards.

DAVALILLO - I'll meet you at your designated time, but usually our transactions dont even last 10 minutes incl the 400 PSA '68's I sold youimage - I'll dig around and see if I can find anything else you may need...jay
  • Options
    Jay,

I'm obviously kidding--for somebody like yourself whenever you are available I will make sure I am. Just to be sure, I will pass by 707 periodically.

Jim
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Will be there all day Saturday! Still celebrating the official of a certain Basketball coach. imageimageimageimage Hope to see the crew and confirm plans on the National get together.

E
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    HA!image Meant to say official REMOVAL of a certain coach. Hard to type when one is on cloud # 9.image

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    rw2winrw2win Posts: 557
    ej - Are you talking about ISU?
  • Options
    RW--No, although that is fast becoming one of the weirdest stories in recent memory.

• Options
    nortynorty Posts: 201
    EJ

How did Bob Hill ever get an NBA job?

Sorry I'll miss the Registry members at this Fort Wash. show. My daughter has her 1st Communion Saturday. Hopefully I'll see everyone either in Chicago for Sports Fest or at the National. I am breaking down new material with those 2 shows in mind.
    Joe Tauriello
    Setbuilders Sports Cards
    Ebay: set-builders & set-builders2
  • Options
    Norty: It's hard to figure. Email me personally and I'l tell you. It is rather unprofessional (and uncharacteristicly so too) of me to vent on this board, but joy was hard to contain!image

ejguru@aol.com

Enjoy your weekend--You will be missedimage

• Options
    imageimage

Those coming to Ft Washington stop by and say hello. I am at booth 408.

Vic Stanley
    V&J Cards
    psafootball.com
  • Options
    VIC - I always say Hello! So I'll see you Friday afternoon...jay
  • Options
    I was going to come down tonight ...But unfortunately I have to do a wine seminar in Atlantic City tonight the client just would not let me reschedule....image
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    You really did not miss anything. I was there for about a half hour on Friday night, and it just seemed kinda ho-hum ...
  • Options
    NEAL--Where were you today??? You left Richie Allen and I waiting, and you know what type of guy Richie becomes when he's not happy? Waited for a few hours by the psa tables. Will send him in the mail--

• Options
    Yo E - I thought I told you I was only coming on Friday - he will have a welcome home!