Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

heres an ugly new developement

As well as everyone on this board knows, Ive been actively pursuing some statehood pr70dcams. Well low and behold 4 nice examples have surfaced on ebay...very cheap I say...anyhow...I throw a bid on 2, and was ready to fight to the finish at least for one...then ca-bam...my car got stolen...now im stuck with no wheels and a set in progress..luckily I dont have to sell my sets to buy a car...but my free cash flow has been beaver danned...(couldnt use real word believe or not)

Im a very unhappy camper...hope who ever robbed it is driving in rain (firebird..t tops leak image )

life goes on

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Comments

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear it. Was it insured?
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like you are taking it well though.

I can sympathize. 12 years ago my pick up truck was stolen. It was found about a week later stripped of various parts, including the bed. It was clearly a "professional job. Don't know if they were ever caught.

I hope that in your case, it was just some joyriding a$$hole losers and that you get it back shortly and in one piece. Keep us informed.

Lurking proudly on internet forums since 2001
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    it was a 91 with ttops...worth about 5k...wasnt worth theft n glass..but seeing as i have to buy a car im going new this time, so I will have to get theft.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    dude that sucks - hope you get it back. i intentionally don't drive anything nice - people are animals.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    oh my

bill i am really sorry............................................................................................................................

i just do not know what to say

sincerely michael
  • Options
    So sorry to hear about your loss, Bill. That sucks, even when you're not bidding on your set(s).

You're taking this well... I think I'd be a basket case for a few days... I'm actually kind of attached to our truck and our bug.

Good luck! I truly and sincerely wish you all the best.
  • Options
    That sucks man, please tell me there was no coins in the car! image

Pennies make dollars, and dollars make slabs!

....inflation must be kicking in again this dollar says spend by Dec. 31 2004!

Erik
  • Options
    ya know you guys are great...thanks for well wishes..

I look at it this way...no one is sick, no one died. Worst outta this is when I can afford the statehoods none will be around...

big deal..life as normal just with a different car image

thanks again guys

Bill

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

It could have been worse - they could have stolen your coins.

It may work out for the best, as PR70DC quarters may very well fall in price in the years to come.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Well it's good your not getting your blood pressure up. Look at it like this, maybe the part's they thought that would bring PCGS MS70 money will only get them ACG MS70 money. image

Pennies make dollars, and dollars make slabs!

....inflation must be kicking in again this dollar says spend by Dec. 31 2004!

Erik
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about that. It is a pain. It is also no fun being reminded that thieving folk are about.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Bill
    it's an excellent time to take advantage of those 0% offers on new stuff with GM!
    I myself took the rebate and put my truck on my equity. It saved me more than the 0% would have.

Good luck car shopping.
    the car pictured below is for sale!!!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that stuff, it's a shame how people can just steal without remorse. Makes me a little sick inside sort of like getting scammed on e-bay. People with integrity and honor are becoming scarce. But anyways...............best wishes buddy
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    That sucks. T-tops, huh? I saw a suspicious character in just such a car:

But not to worry, the law's on the case:

Hmm... actually you might want start car-shopping now.
  • Options
    lol

I NEEDED THAT image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck. You do seem to be taking it in a good way. Thats the only way to deal with lifes' little quirks. Hope things turn out OK..............Ken
  • Options
    Don't forget to claim your $5,000 loss on your 2003 Tax return
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about that, Bill! But I must say you are taking it well. Hope you get a set of wheels quickly.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Terrible news... how bout i send you a 56 Belair?
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    The HepKitty is always to the rescue!!imageimage
    Glenn
  • Options
    Bad news on the car, dude... image

Hey HepKitty -> If he don't take it, I will (the BelAir) - I need one since my wife got creamed in her car last week (and I'm pretty sure that's going to be totaled - luckily, she wasn't). I gots to slow down on the coins so that I can put together the down payment on a new car, plus pay off the remaining part of the totaled one (since Blue-Book on the car is about $2500 less than I owe on the thing image )
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call TraderBob!
    He's da man!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    cswcsw Posts: 432
    I noticed that no one took the bait and offered to front him the money for the MS70 coins he wanted to buy. I'd offer, dude, except that at most you'd be able to wring about ten bucks from my shrivelled wallet.

--csw

Tiger trout, Deerfield River, c. 2001.

• Options
    That sucks I hate when people steal cars. image

Hey Supercoin remove that link to the Burt picture. Go.com wants to put a cookie on my computer because of it.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    CSW im intrigued by your post...not sure what you ment by bait or by the post in general, but i will say this. I got a pm from someone who shall remian nameless here unless they choose different. They offerd to buy both coins for me (would cost 1500 or btter) and hold for me. This is not what I was trying to accomplish and hope that you were not suggesting I was. I felt bad because I have 2 standing bids on this guys pr70dcams and do not wnat to cancel my bids, he was kind enough to let me know the sale was happening. what im afraid of here is if i were tocancel my bids, it may affect my friends auction. What im hoping is someone will outbid me so this happens...all my bids are under 785 and only bid on 2 of them...im almost positive someone will outbid me and thats ok..but if not I gotta tell my friend I cant afford to buy right now. If i loose my perfect ebay feedback and all that, i dont care...the car, i dont care...just dont want to loose friends over it. AND I DEFFINATELY AM NOT SEARCHING FOR PEOPLE TO BUY ME THINGS.

I hope all understand now but if not feel free to ask.

thanks to all well wishers

bill

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    OH AND HEP KITTY..REAL QUICK

i appreaciate the offer, but your are the only coolest most hep to be able to pull that off. But if one day you'd share a ride in that hip mobile, well that would be just alright image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    maddogalemaddogale Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Bill, sorry to hear about the car theft, your attitude though is stellar!!!image Hang in there, dude, there are other things more important in life than a car, (even coins....DOH! image ) your health, family, friends...etc. Take it from one who knows....cancer survivor of 17 years now.....was in the hospital when Challenger went up for the last time.image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on; I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That really sucks... but, as you said, it could have been worse- everyone is safe and that's most important.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file