Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is this another case of shill bidding?

Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
This is the auction for a PR69 AH Kennedy, which Russ showed that the seller had cancelled early and then relisted claiming an error in the original listing. The bids were much lower on that auction than they are now, but look at the high bidder's history Link to the auction.
"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's a shill but, at this point it wouldn't really be much of a concern as the high bid is still below current market value.

I think it's gotten bid much higher this time than the first time around because the auction has received a lot more traffic.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

Looks like a real shill bid to me this bidder has a feedback of 1 but has 17 positives from the same seller. The seller who has this acution.
    FORMER # 1 NOW # 3 ON ALL TIME FINEST CLAD QUARTER COLLECTION

PCGS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Ed
  • Options
    even money it's a shill
  • Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    Even Money? I would give odds its a shill.

• Options
    Someone should re-submit this coin. Look at the deep cameo on the obverse!
  • Options

<< <i>I will start the bidding at 599.95 and see where it goes. >>

<< <i>Current bid US $345.00 Starting bid US $4.95 >>

imageimageimage
    Roy

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    On these kind of threads I usually say you are woofing in the wind and you can't prove anything other than the buyer bought a run of dates from the same seller.
    Maybe he's working on a Registry Set.
    Strange that he bought 2 and 3 examples of the same coin though. Maybe he's picky and is going to keep the best one.
    I can't explain this though; Buyer buys an Ike for $35 Text
    About 30 minutes later the coin is listed again. Strange a professional PowerSeller doesn't relist it to get his fees back but makes new listing.
    A week later he buys the same coin again for $22 Text
    Another thing strange is most newbies beg feedback and leave it to get it but this one didn't.

There must be a simple explaination! imageimageimage
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file