Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Goldberg auction - something cool for Lincoln and/or pattern lovers.

RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
1942 White Metal Cent. PCGS graded MS-64

I didn't even know there were any Lincoln patterns in the wild. Anybody heard of this one before?

BTW, there's a ton of cool stuff in the Goldberg auction, including our very own Bear's #1 ranked proof Kennedy set, The Jay Ross Collection. That one, I'll be watching for sure.image

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• Options
    <reaches into pockets>
    im sure I have one of those around here.

HEHEHE
    Brad T. Simms
    MCDBA MCSA MCP
    SQL Server Database Admin

SQLgeek.org
  • Options
    AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    The composition of that cent is similar to the composition of plumber's solder. I just called my dad (plumber) up to see if maybe we could make a few of those image. That cent must be fairly soft with a low melting point!
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • Options
    Wow, those auctions have some pretty impressive looking coins. I see a lot I am going to go for. At least it is a month away to start saving my pennies

Lori image

I want this one and a few others: Link

WOW!
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I only know of that pattern since I read about it in Pollock's book. Very cool.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file