Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Whats up with teletrade lately?

Just curious as to what teletrade is doing lately, haven't seen them mentioned here in quite some time? I use to get their weekly catalogs, but they stopped that awhile back, to me anyway.
I LOVE PROOF SEATED LIBERTY COINS AND ALL BETTER DATE SEATED LIBERTY COINS

Comments

• Options
    I hear that they have cut down a lot on the paper catalog, as the online catalog is easier to accept later submissions and such. They've had some nice material lately though.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I got a 3 page flyer today, but never really read the large catalogs anyway, maybe they are for phone bidders----BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    misterRmisterR Posts: 2,305 ✭✭
    I was told the weekly paper version of the auction has been halted. Took effect two or three weeks ago. Does anyone else know any more details? Here is a link to some really nice coins for sale on todays' Teletrade auctionNice moderns Teletrade Wed. April 30thimage
  • Options
    I got a flyer last week.

I visited the teletrade booth at Charlotte and they gave me my password right there.

Seems some folks have a negative opinion of teletrade, but I haven't determined exactly what the gripe is or if it's legitimate.

I hope enough folks perceive teletrade as a legit option for doing business since I recently submitted coins to PCGS to be auctioned on teletrade. It appeared to be a good service for me. I sent 10 coins to test it out.

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Seems some folks have a negative opinion of teletrade, but I haven't determined exactly what the gripe is or if it's legitimate. >>

Okie,

I've done many purchases through Teletrade and have had very few problems. Matter of fact, I've picked up screaming bargains for solid coins on several occasions. It's like any other venue; if one is careful, good deals can be had. If one is careless, one can just be had.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For modern coins after 1930 or so Teletrade can be ok. Registry stuff in particular. Maybe even on Morgans. But for any classic type coin, commems they are often low end coins that could not be readily sold elsewhere.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file