Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Merc Guys: Received '26 MS66FB Toned Gorgous!

marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yup Just received this killer coin, gorgous periph green-gold toned obverse & reverse - great strike - me like it very much image so in middle of a very hectic day in the office I figured I'll post this urgent message and wait for the evening maybe to post a photo.

Marc

Comments

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Mark, Was that the one that greattoning had up on ebay. It was a stunner.
  • Options
    Ok Marc, I am waiting on your pic......imageimage
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    if it was the one from greattoning, that is a knockout coin!!!!!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always smile whenever I read of a Merc collector obtaining a Merc...so I am smiling now image

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just thinking that I havent seen a Merc thread in awhile,and there it isimage.Nice grab Marc,will wait for the scanimage.AL
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Marc,

Sounds like you picked up a nice one!

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Tony you damn well better go back to one submission why you bumped be down one you no goodnik image
    But I don't mind the company - especially such fine company soooooo why don't you delete that other varieties entry and stay here where its really happening?

Here's the scans, yes this one has no words - I know not how to describe it but its found a home, and yes it was purchased from greattoning. Thanks all for sharing in my hapinnes and nice to get another Merc thread going.....for awhile I thought everyone moved already to Micronesia image

Marc

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marc
    The strike is great..nice .Al
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Marc,

LOL!

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Nice coin, Marc.

I just recieved my '26-P from Aaron. No rainbow colors, but a lustrous pinkish gold & golden pink. The '34 is on it's way! imageimage

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice 26P. Was that on Ebay ? Missed it I guess if it was. Have been looking for a nicely toned 26P for a upgrade.

Here is a 31S that was won last night from Heritage. Thier scan always seems to be dark so there is hope this will be just a little lighter.

Ken
  • Options
    Ken,

Good for you - I have a 31-S coming too from a private source - I believe its not FB though - I would have bid on that one otherwise image

Don,

I've been very unhappy with Aaron lately - his total lack of communication skills perturb me terribly I've had a # of possible buys from him just die out for lack of communication on his part - my loss and his image and I'm leary to bid on his coins - even though I never had a problem and his coins are nice, very nice! I wish him luck and am happy for you!!!!!!!

Marc

• Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Marcmoish,

I was the consigner of that coin to greattoning - it was and is quite a flashy "lure". Having owned the coin for a year or two, I can safely say though your pictures are nice, they do not capture the flashy colors of the coin which are absolutely superb. Don Q can certainly attest to that having added a few MS67FB coins to his set from me also......not that I want or need to put words in his mouth!

I have no doubt that such a dedicated collector as youself will continue to enjoy that "lure" for quite awhile!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    Ken,
    From my experience with their pictures, it looks like you got yourself a nice one. Let us know with a pic. of your own when you recieve it.

Marc,
    More Mercs for meimageimage
    I know that Aaron was away on vacation recently and then had computer problems soon after getting home. I really can't see any reason to leary about bidding on his auctions. Besides the '34, I was also high-bidder on his '44-S. I'm always happy to win any of his auctions!

Don

Winged Liberty and
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    Craig,

LOL!

I ATTEST, I ATTESTimage
    The only thing you've put in my mouth is breakfast at IHOP!!! image
    Just don't call me a "flipper"! imageimage

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    Don,

excuses excuses, don't make excuses for him, he's a big boy - now send me that '36 and the 44-S NOW, I said NOWWWWWWimageimage

Marc

Edited to add that stupid GRIN right after that Present box hint hint!!!