Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How do scans get shared?

I have some scans that I would like to share. What is the nbest format for pictures and what are the methods for adding them to a post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Wondo

Comments

• Options
    When you post a mesasge there is an attachments button at the bottom of the reply form. You can browse to your file and select it.

Files need to be less than 50K in size.

I normally use JPG format with medium compression. This usually gets the files down to a reasonable size.
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Carl

Let's see what these look like.
    Wondo

• Options
    Good start. The second one is too small. The first one looks slightly washed out. The image could be made slightly smaller with a little more resolution. I am not sure how to describe going about that image
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    The first is very washed out and the second is too small. Is that a silver dollar?image

Are you using a scanner or a digital camera? Another technique is to cut out any part of the picture that is not the coin itself.

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Guys. The first is a dollar and the second is a half-dime (35 and 65 respectfully). I will continue to work on my scanning technique so I can share these. Keep ya posted.image
    Wondo