Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

On a 1922 no "D" lincoln cent, there are several

die varieties, with the die 2 being the most valuable. What price would a fine in each of the die states typically fetch? I realize this can't be a hard and fast rule...

Comments

• Options
    UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    imageCurrent auctions and the grey sheet show that these prices are now alittle low. Most are demanding high retail values unless you find a dealer that will work with you on grey sheet prices. These coins will most likely be raw, so pay close attention to color. Too dark surfaces reflect a porous coin and will effect those prices greatly regardless of detail in the coin. Carbon spots that appear will show a degradation of the coin and time will be against. Best to pick up one graded in brown and not raw. They are going up in price and you can't lose on a good coin and investment in that series!image
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    I just had one certified lasr week. They are definitely going up in price. Best to buy a graded one if you can. Mine had been in an ANACS holder and I had it crossed over..........Ken
    PCGS Order Status for Invoice # 9006487

LINE # CERT # COIN DATE DENOMINATION VARIETY GRADE
    1 90098110 1922 No D 1C Strong Reverse VF35BN
  • Options
    Die pair 2 is the only variety that should be considered "no D". Die pairs 1, 3 and 4 are "weak D" and worth substantially less (though they are worth a premium over the 1922-D).

jade
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Die pair 4? I'm only aware of three die pairs and only one of those is recognized as the "true" no D cent.
  • Options
    Die pair 4 was established within the last couple of years. ANACS will recognize it as a "weak D" variety.

jc
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

OLD THREAD ALERT!

Does anybody know when the 1922-D Weak D Die Pair #4 was first recognized?

ANACS does not have the information available. Any information would be appreciated

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file