Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

newbie Swapper here.

Hi, I hope I can be included in the next swap you guys have. I am pretty new to collecting. I think swapping is pretty cool. I'm not into selling or making profits. I do have some questions on swapping.

1. Do you verify home addies? I really don't want to get stuck with a bad trade. I am willing to trade with people who are known to the board. I will send my coins to you first. That way you can tell me how I did. Still a newbie.
2. WHat do you swap? do I pick someone from the list and get a list from them?
3. Do I make a list of things I would like to see come to me?
Just a few questions to start. I hope to be trading soon. My ebay name is sumo412. I don't know if you can check feedback on it. Just shows I'm a pretty honest player. Thanks for the time. Happy trading

Comments

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, welcome to the boards. Swaps are alot of fun, and I venture to say that I'm sure there will be another one not too long after this one is done. I will try to answer your questions below.

1) Home addies are simply PM'd to your swap partner. A few people have been burned, but it's rare. And I'm sure that some people wound up with less than they desired as well. Most of the folks here involved with the swaps are regulars here. Sometimes, the person heading up the swap will set a limit on how new you can be(to avoid new people signing up just to get free coins and never being heard from again).

2) Swap/trades on this particular board is pretty limited to coins and other numismatic items. Swaps like the one going on in the other thread are a common occurance. A limit is set on $ amount(normally $30-$35). Swapping partners can give a short list of what they might be interested in, or if there is something in particular they are trying to locate.......me personally, I just like doing them and nearly any coins I receive will be well received. To join a swap, you would simply post your entry interest, and whoever is heading up the swap comes up with some nonsensical method to determine who swaps with who.

3) Once you find out who is sending to you, you can either PM them or wait for them to PM you. You give em your want list, but be flexible.......swaps aren't exactly the place to be asking for high$ packages, for most of us, they simply aren't practical. Most people I have swapped with have been very flexible in allowing me to 'surprise' them. Once you get a list from your 'send-to person' you do what you can and get them what you think they may like etc.....

Hang around awhile, there is tons of information to be gotten from most of the members here. And you get to meet up with some really great people and some really 'colorful' characters.
    imageimage

• Thanks for the info. Being new to collecting I don't really have that many coins yet. I have one 1 oz Philharmonics gold coin that I am willing to swap. If any of you feel like putting together a nice starter collection together.
  • achteyachtey Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    Sumo,

First of all, let me welcome you to the boards. I'm sure that you'll like it here. I suggest that you get in on the next swap because they are alot of fun. You never know what you're getting and it's also fun to suprize the person you're sending to. What kind of coins are you interested in? Just curious.

Again,

Welcome

Josh
    The world meets no one half way. If you want it you have to go get it.
  • I've started collection Lincoln cents and Franklin Halfs. I appreciate any nice looking coin though. I have a few Buffalo's and Mercury's. I recently just aquired a run of proof set's 1955-2002 all except the Prestige and the Premier sets. Still new so I'm just collecting what catches my eye basically.