Options

I've been bumped out of 5th place in the 20th Century Gold

My posts viewed image times
since 8/1/6

Comments

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    You can always ask it to post the top 6! Link
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options

Well,

After the Heritage Cental States Show this week you may be picking up your spot again.image

I believe it was the new kid on the block, Carmel? They knocked me down a notch in more than one set! It looks like he is on the way to an all gem grade set.

I know things work at a bit slower pace the older the gold gets but I am surprised that there is not more competition in these sets. Especially now that PCGS has added all the Liberty Head series to the registry. Oh well, Ride the wave!!!

• Options
    I sold two coins from that set. Gold is now at the bottom of my list so it will be years before I get replacements. So no challenge from me! All the top sets are %100 complete. Paul Taylors set looks super hard to top.
  • Options
    ZerbeZerbe Posts: 587 ✭✭
    My set is vulnerable too. It may be number one now, but there is a lot of room above me to put me down a notch or two.
    Thank God TDN does not seem to care for Gold !! I do know that I am not going to upgrade any coins in the set, because at this point any single upgrade would cost many thousands of $$$$$.
    My 'COIN PLAYING MONEY' is running close to low. In fact, I had to turn down a $20 LIB. in Proof 65 CAM two days ago, that I need for my 20th century proof gold set. I waited two years for that coin to show up, but now I have other priorities.
    One thing I have learned lately, from MAX and Sunnywood, is not to over extend myself. These Top Pop coins are just revolving from one person to the next and for the most part will be available again, so maybe another day, the $20 PR LIb will make it into my set. imageimage
    My new motto...."Coins Rule,,,,,,,BUT DON"T LET THEM RULE YOU " image
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I built the set to be #5 just to have them pedigreed, I didn't think I'd stay at #5. They're something I plan on keeping - besides nobody else wants a holder with my name on it.

I see there are two dabigkahuna Gold Type sets, so even if you sell yours at Heritage, something tells me you'll be back with another set image

I don't think Zerbe needs to worry about getting bumped - at least for quite a while. That's a pretty impressive set!
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    ttt
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been itching for awhile to register my coins in this set. I have been waiting until I complete my 1900-1999 set. I am still one coin short. With all the heat, it is making my itch worst!
    My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options

I wish I was in still in 5th place with this set!image

Funny, I was looking it this set again the other day but it would have to remain just a pipe dream. Type sets are a lot of fun!

I did win an award for the number one Canadian $2 circulated set!image

Larry
    Dabigkahunaimage
  • Options
    I no longer have this set registered. I was surprised to find I'm still in the top 10 of the all time list. I sold 2 of my MS 63s. Now if I just upgrade my 63s to 65s I would be in the top 5!!

But I've stopped looking at gold as I'm trying to learn more about earlier coins.

Good to hear from you Larry! Canadian coins 'eh? I will have to browse those sets later today...
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club. I'm number 6 on the Early Dollars with varieties Registry Set. At least I printed a copy of the rankings when I was back at #2. imageimageimage