Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Old registry stuff

It seems that most of the posts here are targeted toward modern or at minimum post 1900 registry sets. Who amongst you out there in registryland, not to be confused with Michal Jackson Dreamland or whatever, go back in time to the 18th or 19th centuries?image
Wondo

Comments

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    My set goes back to 1804 right now. If I ever get done, I'll have some 179X coins.
    My 1792-1964 Copper/Nickel/Silver Set
    There are many other sets that go back that far if you look

Here
    or
    Here
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Excellent Stuff!!! I am concentrating on a high grade first year type set and am looking for insights, opinions on collecting grades, types, and all sorts of stuff. The info that I have gleaned through reading the posts has influenced and opened up different avenues of collecting - I loveit!!image
    Wondo

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Three Cent Nickel Proofs are 19th century.

BTW, just noticed by brief foray into #1 when I attributed my CAMS/DCAMS before Bruce Scher did has never been rescinded! I'll email BJ and let her know.

• Options
    Awesome stuff!!!! I am trying to register but am having trouble with previous PCGS login names and such. I will let the forum know when I conquer this so they can view my humble foray.
    Wondo

• Options
    Wondo,

Where's your foray going to be?

• Options
    I am looking at the short type set or one of the early silver series. I have only five coins, but four are Flowing Hair and the other is the 1796 dime. My issue with the type is I really don't care about Seateds or Barbers so I probably won't go there - I don't want coins just to fill in the holes. If they only had a "Federal Silver Coinage of 1794" registry set. imageimage
    Wondo

• Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Here's my type set. Not too many 18th century, but several 19th century. Lot's of picturesimage

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    Awesome - thanks for sharing. I just worked out my login problems with the registry people and will be registering today under one of the type sets. Can coins be shared across registry sets?
    Wondo

• Options
    PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Tom-

Great Pictures! I think I went through your set at least twice. Nice Set.

Mark
  • Options
    Tom,

Love your half cents!! I am also jealous that you have passed the 50% mark! image
    Wondo

• Options

<< <i>Can coins be shared across registry sets? >>

Yes! A single coin can be in as many registry sets as it fits in, under a single owner.

Pete
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my sets I registered is proof seated dimes. Just got a digital camera and am working on some pics. I too wish there were more that would share their older sets.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    Tom. I agree! Wonderful set! And GREAT photography!
  • Options
    scherscher Posts: 924
    my 3cents sets..proof and mint state go back to 1865..50 pc. classic commems have a few oldies also i believe...barber dimes and qtrs..and old proof indian eagles if ya call 3 of the 8 aset..
    bruce scher
  • Options
    My Barber quarters are partly in the 19th century. Does that count?
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the kind words. I like both type coins and indian cents. My wife has been helping me out a whole lotimage I fear my set will slow down as the next half of the set will be much harder than the first. Looking at Wondo's set though it seems he's going for the hard part first.

I need to take some pictures of my most recent additions.

Tom
    Tom