Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Second Rate Merc Dime.

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Guess someone did not think this was a number 1 dime. Got a 2 which is not half bad.

Ken

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    thats a very nice second rate dime...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really weird, Ken. How do you suppose that "2" got on the back of Liberty's neck? Is it ink that bled through from a newspaper or something? I can't make out any other numbers or letters in your photo; it's odd that just the "2" would show up. I've never seen anything quite like it in a slab

Jim.

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim.

I really do not know. I think it probably transferred from a piece of paper or something that the coin was stored in prior to beiing slabbed. I have had this coin for some lenght of time and never noticed this untill yesterday. A new picture of the coin was taken and when I brought it up on the computer monitor that 2 was showing. Grabbed the coin and checked it with a loupe and sure enough the 2 was on the coin. Guess a better look at some of these is in order. Pretty cool I thought.

Ken
  • Options
    That is cool. A first for me as well.
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>