Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Another 76 Rose PSA 9 shoots through the Roof - $1,000+

I'm still amazed at how much the 76 Rose PSA 9s are getting on E-Bay. This one is at closed at $1,025.00.

76 Pere Rose PSA 9

edited to add card image & change time remaining
I need that 69 Bench ASimage

Comments

• Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Wow. I see a lot of familiar names on the bidder list. It appears that the Rose cards will always be hot.

JEB.
  • Options
    I have avoided the 75 set so far, but way is it neither the 75 Rose or the 74 receive the same attention or price? Is it that the 76s are that much harder to find?

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The 76 is getting that price based on the POP report. I just wonder how many raw 9's are out there.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    If memory servers (the pop report is downright now), there are something like 7 Rose PSA 9s. But, there have not been too many graded to date. So, with the tons of unopened material out there for 76, how do people justify prices like these. I know the registry has spiked demand, as has the possibility that he will get into the HOF.

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The Rose collectors are a frenzied bunch ... the last few on ebay were won by a Rose registry member or a Rose collector. If he ever registered his set, I believe he would come in at a strong #1.

collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    The Pop report does bizarre thing to people's minds. I started grading 1980 Topps when almost nobody was doing them. I was getting up to $130 each for 1980 Topps Ozzie Smith PSA 9's on Ebay. Nowadays, they go for like $30. You gotta sell while the getting is good.
  • Options
    The auction closed at $1,025.00 - Rose card are HOT, no question about it.

• Options
    Hey JeffVN,

I noticed in your byline you are looking for 69T Bench's. Not sure the grade you want(8 or 9), but I saw this listed on a dealers site and thought you might be intertesed...looks nice.

1969 Bench PSA 8

Good Luck,
    The53Kid
    Looking for:
    1953 Topps in PSA 8
    1941 Playball in PSA 8.
    1952-1955 Red Man cards in 7 and 8
    1950 Bowman in PSA 8
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up I'm looking into it.

• Options
    You should be able to get one for about half that on ebay.
  • Options
    Yeah more than 2 times SMR is pretty steep. It is a nicely centered and good looking card though.