Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Positive Experiences with Dealers Requested

I am looking for a cross-section of early type dealers that you, the bright all-knowing participants of the Registry forum, have dealt with. I would prefer positive responses, please, with respect to courtesy, knowledge, value and inventory. My collection (all of five coins) has been assembled from one primary dealer (who has treated me well) but I will need other sources. What say ye? Thank you in advance!!

-------------------------
Wondo

P.S. I posted a nearly idenical thread on the generic forum.image
Wondo

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The short list would be those who have been a problem.
    Other than couple of eBay deals (out of hundreds) that went south I've been fortunute to work with ethical and knowledgeable Dealers.

If you want to play it SUPER SAFE, stick with Dealers who frequent this Forum (and, the Coin Forum).
    There's not a bad apple in the bunch.

peacockcoins

• Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Wondo
    It depends on the series your looking for.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    I am looking for a cross-section of early type dealers...

If by early type you mean coins, I can personally suggest Larry Whitlow and Pinnacle Rarities. I've purchased coins from both for more than 10 years. Mike at Whitlow's and Scott at Pinnacle are both very helpful and have never pressured me to buy anything.
    Dan
  • Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    Legend, Pinnacle, and Whitlow. Can't go wrong with these three for price, quality, variety, and helpfulness. Plenty of others but those are three I can personally recommend.

Greg
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    I agree with the others.I'd add Wayne Herndon and Angel Dee's to the list.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    Want a work with you dealer? Try Adrian @ Annaconda
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    try ERSCOIN for GSA Morgans and other PCGS Early's 1880's. Does sell many NGC Coins also. Very honest and fair prices.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can HIGHLY recommend Mitch Spivack AKA WONDERCOIN & David Schweitz. Both are TOP NOTCH REPUTABLE Dealers.

GrandAm
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    I don't know if I should mention that I enjoy Bob Rhue!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""