Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Heritage auction

It looks to me like if you place an advance bid on the Heritage site, there is a 15% buyer's fee and they tell you whether or not you are the high bid. But if you bid on the same lot on eBay through the eBay "absentee bid" button, there is a 20% buyer's fee and they do not tell you whether or not you are the high bidder. Am I missing something? If not, why would anyone bid on Heritage auctons through eBay?

Pete

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BP is 5% more becuse Heritage has to pay eBay fees just like everyone else. They list on eBay for the increased exposure.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

Tompkins, you are most definitely correct. At the Heritage site you should place your strongest bid prior to 10PM CST the evening before the auction because at that time the website becomes closed to bidding. Once the auction starts you are relegated to eBay Live [unless you preregister for telephone bidding and the coin is over 5K]. Some ebayers do not know enough to go directly to the Heritage site.

• Options
    Surprisingly many use ebay live to bid. Attend an auction and you'll be surprised. I can't imagine why they would pay the extra 5% A 20% juice almost guarantees no profit when selling!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file