Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

2003 PR70 DCAM PCGS Silver Eagles Report

I just looked and saw that PCGS has made 11 PR70 DCAM PCGS American Silver Eagles out of 400 coins graded. That shows a 3% return in 70 - WOW.

In prior years the percentage is less than 1 perecnt.

What do you think they should sell for?

Todd
Todd Abbey

Comments

• Concidering the amout of 70's so far , I would guess no more than $1000. Unless Mine comes back as a 70,then the price just went up. image

Walt
  • NGC's recent newsletter mentioned that they thought that 2003 was the best year of the Proof Silver Eagles, qualitywise, ever.
    Keith ™

• I hope I get some. I sent in a load of them because I need one for my set.image
    Merc collector.
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Todd: I have no idea what they should sell for, but, I am personally not interested in them right now at say $700. If, and when, price falls beneath that level, I'll start to take a look. How about you Todd? What would be your buy price today on them?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Mitch - I do not know what our buy price would be. But would say that if the raw coin cost $25.00 then 40 times that would be $1000.00. But if it is 100 times face I don't know.

Todd
    Todd Abbey
  • I'm personal interested in buy one since the price be lower than 1 K

Edson
  • I'll sell one for $700. It's just not in a holder yet.image
  • wow todd

sure are bumping up the coins quite a bit. i'm sure there will be more realistic prices coming. wondercoin seems like he's on the mark. but then again dealers need to make a 50-60% profit. but the smart collectors will wait until more coins are graded and pay a reasonable price for these coins. if pop stays below 50 your price might be reasonable. most of us will wait and see. the niave collectors will jump on the price. if the pop rises at the current rate, dealers that artifically raise the price to absurd levels will be remembered and bet in long run will lose business. but theres always those (not singling you out) that will take advantage of new collectors wanting to have bragging rights that goes along with the designation.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.