Home PSA Set Registry Forum

what happened to "your PSA grades are available"?

DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
Count me as both annoyed and ecstatic on this one:

I recently posted some sets (non-sportscards) on the Registry, and got 7 free gradings. I used them to regrade seven current PSA-9 cards, which I dropped off in person at PSA on April 8.

After more than a week of checking the on-line status every day, and getting nothing but "additional information is pending" (or whatever it actually says), I called PSA Customer Service today for a status check from a live person.

"Oh wow... that's been done since the 14th", said the fellow on the phone. Strangely, he wasn't able to tell me what the results were.

Not getting the "your PSA grades are available" e-mail is what I'm annoyed about. That I constantly got the "additional information is pending" response from Status Check gets me P.O.'ed. (It's STILL doing that now, in fact!)

The ecstatic part of this story is the grading results:

Two of the cards went up to 10. imageimage (Yes, I thought/hoped that two would go up... but the two that did were not the ones I expected!! Go figure.)
When in doubt, don't.

Comments

• I know what you mean. I recieved an email saying they recieved my cards (I mailed mine in 7 day business guarantee). That was the 14th of this month. I never recieved an email but I checked every day to see if my grades were posted. They finally posted them on the 22nd and shipped them the same day. I still haven't recieved them so I was wondering what kind of postal service PSA uses to get them here. Do they use priority, first class, or worse? Anyone know.

I wish they would send you an email saying your grades are ready, in my case at least they posted them but in yours that sucks.. Oh well, I'm glad you were happy with your cards.
  • nortynorty Posts: 201
    Unless you specify something to the contrary on your submission form by checking the appropriate spot, PSA ships US Post Office Registered mail. This is by far the most secure way to ship things but it does, due to the way Registered mail is handled at each Post office along the route, take longer. You also must sign for it.
    Joe Tauriello
    Setbuilders Sports Cards
    Ebay: set-builders & set-builders2
  • If they are regrades they will not show up online and you will not get a "grades are available" email. I can't remember if you get a shipping notification email or not. I don't remember the reason why though.

Doug
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Doug!

Thanks for the explaination... that does cover exactly what happened.

Sure seems like a VERY poor way of doing business, though. Since I'd written "PICK UP" across the return address part of the submission form, I wonder how in the world they expected me to know when they were ready?

Hello PSA? Is somebody reading the posts in this thread?????
    When in doubt, don't.
  • thanks norty and aaronman, obviously I don't have tons of experience with PSA turnarounds. I do wish they would give you emails saying your grades are posted and your cards have been shipped.
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    dbj77,

If you think that the date that the cards were shipped was enough for your cards to already arrive - you may want to check with the post office. Two weeks ago I had a high end 71 set that I was waiting for that seemed to be taking forever. While I was dropping off packages at the post office - I asked the telle to check and see if I had any packages waiting for me - sure enough, it was sitting in the registered cage one day away from being shipped back!

My regular mailman was on vacation and the substitute forgot to leave a delivery/signature card in my mail box for it. If I hadn't asked - I never would have known that it arrived.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!

• Good Post Dennis,

I too have not had any emails from psa stating that "your grades are available".

I was actually shocked when our mail room brought me the Fedex boxes from PSA this week, I thought
    that they were returning them or something.

I hope that they are not doing away with the service as its nice to take a peak at the grades prior to getting
    them.

I will send PSA an email today and ask them whats going on.

Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I have not gotten the "your PSA grades are available" on my last two submissions either. Works better for me -- as I like the surprise of ripping open a box instead of seeing the grades online. But I do think that they should correct this problem.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

• Ditto-I'm with MS on my last four orders. The thing leaving me in limbo is
    confirmation of receiving order. My last box had 2 subs. Weds day
    I get confirmation for one yet not the other. Time to email Charlie.

• We're (the IS guys) are doing some testing and monitoring of the e-mail system.

From what is written here it seems like you are getting the e-mail letting you know the order was received but no the one when the grades were done? We're trying to find a pattern if possible.

Carol

PS:

Congrats Dennis
  • GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Carol,

For sure my last 4 subs no inquiry on the grades being done. In fact one order was
    at the house before my grades even posted on the status.

Matt
  • TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Carol

exactly, at least with me........emails when they arrive, but nothing when the grades are posted and cards are shipped......its been this way for approximately the past 6 weeks for me, probably 7-8 submissions in that period
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Thanks. I like a pattern, so much easier to convince the IS guys there is a problem other than the mail server going down. image
  • GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Carol,

Nice icon, glad we could help from all the board.image
  • No emails for me!

I get a masochistic enjoyment of punching in my invoice #'s a hundred times aday, and when the grades pop up, what a rush!

Bet I'm not the only sick puppy around here!

imageimageimage
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Is it me or is there a palpable pause before they post? When they're not coming up...no pause. Then, suddenly, a short delay and BOOM! Pretty cool. I do it the "old-fashioned" way as well.