Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Did Donruss make Vending in 81??????

According to this seller they did. Check it out. Kinda funny!!!!!

81 Donruss

Comments

• WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome! Donruss must have been unable to produce their own boxes (production cost must have been too high) so they used fleer's. The incredible thing is the seller has a high feedback.
  • Definitely the funniest thing I've seen all day.

I would believe almost anything about '81 Donruss though, the printing quality was horribly bad.

bruce
    Collecting '52 Bowman, '53 Bowman B&W, and '56 Topps, in PSA-7.
    Email: brucemo@seanet.com
  • The seller actually offers a fair amount of unopened material on a regular basis...certainly of late. I posted a thread about 81 Donruss a couple of weeks ago asking what other means it could be obtained outside of wax...my understanding is there is none, but a set I purchased recently is making me wonder if "presentation"-type sets were available prior to the sets inaugural release...but, no, vending wasn't happenin' in 81 for Donruss. That image is pretty humerous...
  • KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    I've purchased unopened boxes/cases from this seller MANY times...Always top notch !!!

(I wonder what he was thinking ???.....)

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Man that is just SAD!!!
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• The only thing that could have been any funnier would have been if he would have laid the cards face up in the picture and then said "Unsearched".

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football

• Great post!

This just proves how many stupid and un-informed collectors are out there.

Maybe I can offer the winning bidder a bridge that I have for sale in Brooklyn, I am surte that it would come back as a psa 8 or maybe even a PRO-10 if I am lucky.
    Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej

• Another stellar item up for consideration on ebay, I guess PT Barnum was right. Do you think that the seller left any of the Boggs or Gwynn cards?

I am thinking about listing a box of 75 topps cello packs that I have sitting in my closet.

Maybe I should open the packs, pull out all of the star cards and re-list the box as "75 topps unopened cello box picked clean but all packs will be nicely re-sealed with scotch tape" and see what happens.
    Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej

• Last year when I was cracking 90 fleer cases. This was the guy that
    sold me 2. Well after cracking the two case only to find 30 sosa not
    one of which was worthy of a 10...Now I usually pulled anywhere from
    3-7 tens per case. Me still having kid like senses just ripped the cases
    open.

After further inspection both cases ther factory seal had been cut with
    a razor then a piece of clear tape had been applied on top. I mean this
    guy was a pro you could barely tell unless you grabbed the loupe.

Needless to say in my mind he's a crook.
  • Matt,
    The crook is getting sloppyimage. By the way...what on earth are you doing breaking '90 fleer? This question, of course, coming from a guy who's building an '81 Donruss setimage...image...I just love chucking stones from my glass house...by the way "Jimmie is not a 'chucker' and George is getting upset"

This post was brought to you by Ameritech long distance and Arby's where the new pot-roast sandwich is available for a limited time only!!!
  • GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654

Phil, phil, PHIL

You knocked me off my chair my typical fri has been induced with whiskey and lemon for
    I have caught the worst cold of my life.

As for the 90 fleer cases though not a bean counter the #'s were pretty good for a while
    or at least until them two cases for all the work only to skate with measly profit and a
    whole bunch of fireboard to heat the cottage during the winter.image

To think last winter I kept the heat bill down with 89 and 90 product and even a few 81's
    yet I wish I wouldn't have done that. I should get the nobel prize commons as heat.
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe somebody took the time to search 2 cases of 1990 Fleer for a bunch of $4 Sosa RC's and then reseal all the packs. He probably spent about 20 or 30 manhours to make a solid 100 bucks. People have way too much time to kill. A part time job at the gas station would have been a more profitable venture than that.