Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Early Dollar Display at Long Beach

cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's official! With PCGS's announcement April 22nd, the Long Beach display of my Registry Set of Early Dollars will officially take place at the May-June, 2003, Long Beach Expo.image

Included in the display will not only be the coins listed in my Basic and Variety sets, but also the "additional" varieties that I believe are very distinctive even though they are not yet listed in the Redbook. The Long Beach Expo will also represent the first public display EVER of a complete 14-coin date/overdate/major variety set of early dollars in certified mint state grades!

I'd like to invite all of the board members to visit the show and see the set in person. The images have been linked to my Registry Set for some time now, but nothing can compare to seeing the real thing, live and in-person. For all those attending the show, PCGS will have available free copies of my "Pocket Guide" to early dollars -- as the promoters might say "worth the cost of admission itself." For those who cannot attend the show in person to get their copy, here is a link to an earlier post with an electronic version of the "Pocket Guide" available for free download.

My deepest thanks go out to BJ, David Hall, and Sandy for all their work in arranging this display!

--Cardinal

Comments