Although I've known about the registry for over a year now, I finally
added my '55 AA set (titled "Hail to the All-American Set!" as a small
tribute to my beloved Wolverines). It's taken me a little over a year,
but I'm now at 52% completion and looking forward to the day when I'm
at 100%! It's amazing how much effort goes into completing a simple
100 card vintage set -- I can't imagine how you guys do it with those
monster baseball issues from the 60's & 70's! Anyways, just wanted to
toot my own horn a little bit about my set, and if anybody has any
stories they want to share about their 55 All-American set, please do!

a fellow collector,
Chuck

(*goblue* on eBay)

Comments

• AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Well done Chuck. That's a landmark issue you're chasing there. I've seen your name on eBay, although I don't think we've butted heads yet. It's nice to have another football guy here, and a Michigan fan to boot image

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    CHUCK - Great job! Its a true classic set, 1 of my all time favorires. In fact I started a PSA set of those back in '98 before the registry was active. I disbanded it around 50-60% - I always figured I'd start it up again especially now with the registry. It has a great mix of stars, commons, SP's & legends, it was Topps 1st "real" Football set (sorry 1950 Topps felt fans) and it has the perfect amount of cards 100! Enough to make the set a challenge, but still very do-able, plus for the registry each card is equal to 1%...jay
  • CWCW Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the kudos, guys! As I get more & more of this set, I am
    finding that I get almost as much enjoyment out of a nice psa 6 as I
    do the psa 8's. It's nice to get the 8's for the rankings, but I figure
    completion first, then work on upgrades. I also like how the 100 card
    total makes the percentages easy to figure out. image

Another nice thing is that even though the set has commons, even the
    commons were good enough to be college all-americans. I posted a thread
    on the regular sportscards forum about Topps' new 2003 All American
    Heritage set. I didn't even know they were doing this, but it looks
    like I might have to buy a box or two. Check 'er out...

cool set!
  • sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    It's nice to have another vintage football member join the ranks. Welcome to the registry!
  • congrats chuck. i too have a set of aa,s list 5th i think right now.just missing a 4 horseman i had 1 but had a offer for it i could not refuse.i had a 2nd set at 80% i just sold most off. also a set of 7,s at 75 %sold some but have many left if your looking for sevens.very tough little 100 card set the orourke and wojo are murder in high grade.anyway good to see a fellow aa fan. BY THE WAY NEED A 4 HORSEMEN IN PSA 8 image
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Skins,
    I have thought about jumping into this set for awhile.
    7's are fine by me. Can I get a list of what you have?
    Thanks,
    Randall

Loves me some shiny!
  • CWCW Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭
    > sold some but have many left if your looking for sevens

sure thing, skinsfan. Please let me know how to contact you,
    or email me the list at this address -- chuck@rave.com
    thanks!
  • CW- Welcome to the Registry. I have that AA set on my radar too. Once I finish my Philly football sets, that'll be the next vintage set I do.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    welcome CW i too am trying to finish this set mine is under M&M's55 AAs. mine however is a modest psa 6 and mostly 7 attempt.
    hey skins i would be very interested in any sevens you may have. please email me at fmoase@hotmail.com.
    i am also interested in any 6's and i would upgrade later.

that 2003 AA set is nice and i don't usually by new football but i believe i will purchase that set.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• GUYS I will mail each of you a list of what i have left. think i have about 40+ each of psa 7,s and 8,s.i can tell you now prices are not crazy but not cheap either aa,s always demand from 100% to 150% of book. toss smr out the window on many of the low pops.many go for 2 to 4 x smr.so be aware of that if your just getting into set.randell i have bought from you before i am always after psa 8+ redskins if that rings a bell. my email is jelly_man@msn.com. gl with the 55,s guys best fb set ever.my set is aaa or arts all americans. ART

• ok guys here is what i have. please mail me with anything you may be interested in for prices. as follows #2 psa 8/#11 psa 7/#12 psa 8/#13 psa7@8/#15 psa 7/#19 psa 7@8/#22 psa 7#25 psa 7@8/#29 psa 8/#30 psa 7/#31 psa 7@8/#33 psa 8/#38 psa 7@8/#40 psa 8/#41 psa 7/#43 psa 8/#44 psa 8/#45 psa 7@8/#46 psa 7/#48 psa 7/#49psa 8/#50 psa 8/#51 psa 8/#52 psa 8#53 psa 8/#54 psa 7/#55 psa 7@8/#58 psa 7 @ 8/#60 psa 7/#61 psa 7/#62 psa 7/#63 psa 7 @8/#64 psa 7/#65 psa 8/#67 psa 7/$69 psa 7/#71 psa 7/#72 psa 7/#73 psa 7 @8/#75 psa 7@8/#76 psa 8/#77 psa 8/#84 psa 7@8/#87 psa 7/#88 psa 8/#89 psa 8/#93 psa 7@8/#94 psa 7/#95 psa 8/#96 psa 7@8/#99 psa 7 please mail me at jelly_man@msn.com SORRY ABOUT POSTING THIS ON THIS BOARD.just responding to questions.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    hey art just wondering if you got my e-mail
    thanks
    fred
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started