Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What is a 1987-S PCGS Proof 70 DCAM Lincoln Cent Worth?

If several lower pop coins (87-S in 70 is just 5), e.g. the 79-S T1, sold for 10k+ on Heritage Signature sales what is this worth?

See Our Items On eBay

Comments

• Options
    Roger,

You should know around what price it is worth ... the same coin(same pcgs serial) you tried to sell via spam was bought by you at 4000.00. it does not get anymore than that... I think it is worth 1400.00

Rick

ps here is a link of the auction

Auction for 1987 Penny
    A active collector of Modern Proof graded coins. Highligted by my Modern registry sets. (The Lewis' Collections).
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As compared to nickels, dimes, quarters, halves - the Lincolns are in their own league as to values for 1970's and 1980's in PR70.

Best I can tell, the market is very thinly traded at these levels - BUT, if you can sell a coin to one of the "players", you can do quite well. I personally sold off most of my PR70 Lincolns a few years back at a fraction of current values BUT I HAVE ZERO REGRETS. I am not a huge fan of these coins, but respect others decision to pursue them.

As for $11,000 for a 1979(s) TY 1 Lincoln in PCGS-PR70DCAM, well -I am personally content with the 1882 Transitional Proof Liberty Nickel struck in copper (a grand total of a couple dozen were struck in 1882) in PCGS top grade I picked up yesterday for my pattern nickel collection for under $5,000 - thanks again Rick Kay. image

And, there are quite a few interesting and truly scarce modern coins at that level as well!!

Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the acknowledgement, Mitch. It's a great coin, and I love finding great rare patterns that can be picked up at a reasonable price. Thanks for your faith in my abilities.image
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    Wow! I think I would rather have this PCGS PR-70 DCAM, Pop. 7

Pop. 7

and a $3,500 CD. image
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCAM: Perfect example of the difference between the series. Bascially, $500 vs. $5000 - $10,000 because a couple more collectors are actively pursuing Lincolns IMHO.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.