Home PSA Set Registry Forum

If your a Rose fan this lot might be for you

Comments

• 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    That is a certainly a great start to a Pete Rose collection, but for the sellers sake I hope the reserve price isn't close to the BUY IT NOW price.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • NICE!!! But a bit out of my $$$ range.
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• How did that 1972 NOT get the O/C???
    I am not familiar with centering issues on the whole 1972 set, but I know the Rose often has less than desirable centering. Based on the small scan, the centering looks to fit the necessary requirements for the grade.
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    rw2win, neal,

I doubt very seriously whether I would have sent that 72 Rose in for grading. I would figure it to be an 8OC or possibly a straight 7.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • rw2winrw2win Posts: 557
    This 72 Rose was sold by a fellow board member a few months ago. I asked him after the card sold if he thought PSA missed the O/C. He said, Oh Yeah. As I remember the seller got a very good price, regardless.
  • BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Nice cards, but the auction illustrates the one thing that gets me worked up the most about some sellers:GREED.

FIFTY FREAKIN' DOLLARS for shipping!!!!!!!

and

ANOTHER FIFTY FREAKIN DOLLARS for insurance.

I know, I know "factor that into your bid", "Insurance could be $50 at $1.30/$100", etc., etc. But give me a FREAKIN BREAK. If I ever sell something in the multiples of thousands of dollars range ( I can dream), for pete's sake I'll eat the <1% shipping cost. Good Grief.

P.S. that '72 is no good.
  • nothing riles me up more than inane shipping charges. a few times ive won cards from from my area (one actually from the shop i do a lot of business with), and they still have required shipping even though ive offered to go pick it up in person. also, anything more than $2.50 for a single graded card is a ripoff. even at that price, the seller will still make an extra 75 cents to a dollar using a regular bubble mailer. ive been asked to pay up to 6 bucks for a single graded card, uninsured. ridiculous
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Hey!

At least he made the ridiculous shipping proces known before people bid!

A couple months back - I won a COMPLETE SET of 1964 Topps Giants 60 cards in all (NONE OF THEM WERE EVEN GRADED!). Based on the shipping that I had paid for similar lots, I figured that I'd have to tack on anywhere from $4 to $7. Well, when he sent out the email confirming the bid, the guy tacked on $19 for shipping - insurance extra!

I emailed and got him to drop the shipping - lowest he would go was $15 including insurance. When the priority mail package arrived with $8.45 in postage and insurance - I handed out my first and only negative feeback to date.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭

<< <i>When the priority mail package arrived with $8.45 in postage and insurance - I handed out my first and only negative feeback to date. >>

Good job!

Now wouldn't that be a hoot. Win this auction in the $4,000-$5,000 range. Pay, receive cards, wait for the seller to leave you feedback, and WHAMO- give him a neg. for excessive shipping.
  • VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    I'd make sure to wait 89 days, 23 hours, and 59 minutes before leaving the negative feedback - no chance for retaliation!

JEB.
  • spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    JEB:

That's the best way to do it. Certainly my MO to date.
  • I don't collect Rose but that buy it now sure seems low to me....
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Any idea of the BV on this lot?
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Jeb - I actually keep a separate folder in my email for each person that I am going to leave a negative for. I title the folder as like "Leave Negative on 6-23-03" which would be the 90th day to avoid retaliation. I also don't want to forget to do it because negative feedback is the only thing that keeps ebay a good place to conduct business.
  • I don't know what the "book value" of the lot is, but, in my opinion, the BIN is about $2,000 too high for a "sell them individually and break even" strategy ...

Robert
    Without an SMR in front of me, Robert is correct. I would say the SMR is approx $3200, based on memory. Most of the cards listed would not even get SMR, even with the Rose cards popularity as of late.
  • purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    I'm sure the seller can recoup full SMR for the PRO 8.5 '71 Rose, though.image
  • VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    3 hours left and reserve hasn't been hit yet. Any anticipated sniping? Or is the seller crazy for setting such a high reserve/BIN?

JEB.