Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Need info on 1969 Topps

I dug out my 1969 Topps set. I hadn't looked at it in years and had never looked at it from a grading standpoint. Looks like an equal distribution of PSA 5's, 6's, 7's and 8's.
One thing I noticed is that I have several variations that have the "helmet emblem invisible." I also have the tough to find Purdin variation. I don't know anything about these variations. Do the registry collectors collect the variations? How rare are they? Are they just tough to find in nice condition or are they tough to find in any condition? Anything else I should look for? I have a few white letter variations too but those aren't part of my set. I bought the set in 1969 from Wholesale cards.
Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.

Comments

• Options
    Galveston,

Tough to find Purdin variation? Can you elaborate.

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • Options
    The variation relating to Purdin is found on checklist card #107. On the checklist card, card no#161 is listed as either Jim or John Purdin. Neither one is any more difficult to find than the other.
  • Options
    Thanks for the information on the Purdin checklist variation. The population report was leading me to believe otherwise. I knew you guys could help me out. What about the helmet variations?
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The helmet variations are tougher. And there are several variations related to the amount of airbrushing. Ron Sanders is an expert on this and could probably elaborate further. The best indication on difficulty is the population reports, though they are not entirely accurate since PSA often mislabels these types of subtle variations.