Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

" # 1/1's " being claimed by members is gettin ridiculous.....

its a 1/1 when it says 1/1 ...not cuz its his jsy #....that be the case.....every numbered card is a 1/1 cuz there aint but one card #'d 18/250 right ?.....always tryin to screw the hobby...figures.

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.

Comments

• I consider cards that match the players jersey numbers a form of 1/1
  • cardnyoucardnyou Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭
    nah...thats just tryin to get more for your card is all

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.
  • well, its not a "1/1", however when the card's serial matches the players jersey number, i think its kinda cool. it brings a small premium, a little extra something to the card, however not like a true 1/1 or anything.
  • knicks644knicks644 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭
    a jersey # card brings a big premium
  • the only 1/1 there are, are the players jersey # i belive that is just a cool thing for collectors. just my opinionimage i do belive that the prices for the cards shouldn't be that high though because of the serial #
  • I have no problem with the Jersey # cards mentioned as a 1/1, I do the same, I do have a problem with the numerous sellers on eBay selling there own form of a 1/1 with a USA 1/1 for example stamp that they did themselves on the card. To me this should be not allowed on eBay, I am curious if it is even legal with the card companies to alter there cards like this. I constantly search new listings on eBay, and every night I see new ones and it is getting real old.

Randy
    XTRA INNINGS SPORTS CARDS
    Now Closed For Good

REFERENCES: check rmcards4u

Looking for tough Game Used and Autos in Football and Baseball, expecially Phillies, Orioles, Redskins, Steelers, Eagles and Raiders.
  • I like the show stamped cards like the one's they had from the nationals, the CTA 1/1's. I am pretty sure they had to have permission from the companies to stamp them.

The new USA 1/1's that are showing up I don't like.
  • i have to agree with james on this subject,a 1/1 is a card thats #d1/1 and pulled from a pack,cards #d to the players jersey is not considered a 1/1 but brings a premium to a card that also goes with cards that are the first ones made or last ones made,but each his own,thanks

jack
    currently looking for nice football gu/auto's
    old cu id vcarterfany2k proud member of highlight reel and cardtradingfools
    refs on cu
    kr580
    moss84
    duncangal
    epag64
    thematrix31
    Clippers21Fan
    BECKETTSUCKS
    SPORTSGUY247
    nascar20
    vittleboy
    sonicsfan
    ahendi
    speedmaster
    kls23
    ljmaya
    scoutdawg
    brettnc
    bud
    samsgirl
    dirtmonkey
    vincesanity
    bigshane
    Quasar31
    ahendi
    nbasteve
    knicks644
    49ersfan
    haliguy
    drock
  • So.. does that mean that when the number matches the guys jersey number when he was in little league, it isnt a 1/1??? LMAO

• << <i>I like the show stamped cards like the one's they had from the nationals, the CTA 1/1's. I am pretty sure they had to have permission from the companies to stamp them.

The new USA 1/1's that are showing up I don't like. >>

Those things are the worst thing to happen to the business in a long time.

And I had a Ben Grieve jersey card that had an entire 'A' on it and I sold it for about 76.00 on ebay. I listed it as a 1/1. Im pretty sure that was the only one with an entire 'A' on the card from that set. So in my view, some cases of putting 1/1 in listings on cards that arent numbered 1/1 are acceptable.

• << <i>And I had a Ben Grieve jersey card that had an entire 'A' on it and I sold it for about 76.00 on ebay. I listed it as a 1/1. Im pretty sure that was the only one with an entire 'A' on the card from that set. So in my view, some cases of putting 1/1 in listings on cards that arent numbered 1/1 are acceptable. >>

One thing to remember.. they dont just cut up 1 jersey to make the cards... they cut up many. I wouldnt consider that 1/1... but i know.. on ebay... if they can find any reason to call it a 1/1 they will...lol
  • i dont get why people still put up 1/1 if they were they would have a 1/1 and worth more but i dont see it in the beckett so it shouldnt be worth no more even people do it with the last card made the first card made and the jersey number whats the big deal if the card companies wanted the cards to be 1/1 they would of put 1/1 on the card!!
    Lookin For Stephon Marbury cards Game Used And Auto's!!

My site

RIP-Tony Orgell
  • People will sometimes pay more for a first-printed or a jersey-numbered-copy of a serial numbered card. Putting a "1/1" notation in an auction just gets people to look at it. I felt no shame when I did it, and I don't think anybody else should either. Those "diamond 1/1" cards or cards with various other non-endorsed secondary stamping are a bit weird, but I just resolve the issue by not bidding on them.
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • I consider cards serial numbered to a players jersey number as 1of1...in fact, that's a big part of my collection. As for saying they shouldn't be worth more, if you find any of them I will pay you the price of the regular version anytime!!!

I tend to get 3-5x book on cards numbered to a players jersey number...with major RC's (Spectrums etc) selling for quite abit more.

I did trade a 1998 SPX Finite Paul Pierce #0034/2500 (BGS 8.5) for $1300US (Ebay value, not Book value!) A regular SPX Pierce sells for $10-13US....also, Dirk Nowitzki's SPX #0041/2500 in pretty bad condition went for $1500 BIN....and that one sells pretty cheap as a regular.

If you don't like jersey # ed cards, don't collect them man...but they do sell for alot more. I love picking them up from people that don't consider them 1/1's because you get them for dirt cheap and can make a ton of $$$$!
    CB4
  • I totally agree with you cardnyou, people got issues. Big deal a card matches the players jersey number, it's the players card anyways. Only card I think personally i like is a #/1 /like 250 but still it should'nt add a premium. Only premium is multi-colored. People are greedy.
    LET"S GO CUBS!!!
    BEST BASEBALL PITCHER: MARK PRIOR!
    Cards & References:
    Jasons Players
  • ... but... but... Gordan Gekko said... greed is GOOD... greed is RIGHT image

(well it is, just as long as it doesn't make ya stupid or evil image )
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image