Options

Senseless, absolutely senseless

NTC ripoff by Centsless

How do some people sleep at night?

Comments

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How do some people sleep at night? >>

On top of a big pile of money till their number comes up.
  • Options
    Numis, why is it senseless...?
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    When I see that it makes me feel good to reread the ex-ACG grader's story, in the ACG vs. Stuppler hearing, about how Hager ripped off Mr. Centsless.
  • Options
    NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    Barry, I would like to read that story! Where can I get a copy?

Cookney, the coin is a cleaned AU.
  • Options
    Can you post a link to that ACG story? I've been trying to find it but I can't.
  • Options
    Thanks Numis......
  • Options
    Lucy, Er ah Co_ _ney,
    this is strange!
  • Options
    Wait a darn mintue! You are talking about a powerseller with near 9000 feedbacks and 99+% positive feedback! He must be doing something right?!!!

I say the buyers of NTC, ACG, etc. deserve what they get. Do that many spend $600 on a coin and not know at all what they are doing?

He is slime but it's like prostitution, it's a victimless "crime". Both parties are consenting adults. I have no sympathy [most days].
  • Options
    coin would get a body bag at PCGS. Buy on ebay at your own risk.
    Rusty
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    i like the koin

K S
  • Options
    Here's the story. See point #3.
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭

<< <i>Wait a darn mintue! You are talking about a powerseller with near 9000 feedbacks and 99+% positive feedback! He must be doing something right?!!!

I say the buyers of NTC, ACG, etc. deserve what they get. Do that many spend $600 on a coin and not know at all what they are doing?

He is slime but it's like prostitution, it's a victimless "crime". Both parties are consenting adults. I have no sympathy [most days]. >>

C'mon Max, where do you get your numbers?? This seller has 34,677 Positive feedbacks. Over THIRTY FOUR THOUSAND! With 74 neutrals and 109 negatives from JUST 37 unique users! He has 2,761 Postive feedbacks in just the past month! With just 1 neutral and 1 negative. Very few Members here have that many feedback in their entire tenure on Ebay!!

I don't know the seller, though I have bought a few coins from them on Ebay. Just as many, many Members here have done. There are PLENTY of us here buying those coins hoping to get them to cross to a better holder. Right?

Ed- (NOT Eddie)- I just can't see how you can truthfully make a judgement on that coin from that pitiful scan. We all know that bust halves have all been cleaned. It is just a matter of determining how harsh the cleaning has been and how long ago. I like to think I have a pretty fair eye for coins and I sure can't say, WITH CERTAINTY, that coin has signs of wear. I will grant you that it may, but I'm sure not going to condemn the coin from that crappy scan. Just my opinion. image
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    ttt
  • Options
    ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    "Buy on ebay at your own risk."

It doesn't matter where you buy your coins, you buy them "at your own risk".

Who else's risk would you buy them at?

Just about anyone who doesn't know what they're doing will lose money in coins. It doesn't matter where they buy them.

adrian
  • Options
    ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    By the way, i had a bad experience with Centles and would think twice about buying from them however, i did get my money back....eventually and after putting a little elbow grease into it.

adrian
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I would say I'm far from not knowing what I'm doing, and I still have managed to lose $ in coins. That's all part of the "education." It's a heckofalot easier to lose money than it is to make it, in general, anyway.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported this incident to eBay. They are immediately revoking their policy of holding a gun to every buyer's head to force them to buy things they don't know anything about.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    sentiments echoed - it doesn't matter when you buy a coin, from who or where. & sorry to say it AGAIN, but the plastic don't mean diddly.

what matters is HOW you buy the coin

& if you buy sight-unseen, your asking to get screwed.

K S
  • Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743

<< <i>Here's the story. See point #3. >>

Now that's quite a story!
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    Looks like the buyer paid ms-60 money for it. I would say the coin is better than that (although cleaned/retoned). Buy the coin not the plastic.
  • Options
    Did you see the coin in person?
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody...and that means NOBODY can judge that coin from that scan. I'm with the Dork and DCAM on this one. Everyone is basing their opinions on NTC and Centsles which is totally unfair. I'm glad you guys aren't doing jury duty...you'd hang him before he was finished taking the oath!

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    Outhaul. Wanna make a deal?

I will win an NTC bust half from centsless. If it does not get body bagged at PCGS, then I will send you $50. Deal?
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Everyone is basing their opinions on NTC and Centsles which is totally unfair. >>

Bob,

I will, indeed, base an opinion on NTC. They suck. They suck. They suck. And, in case I wasn't clear, they suck.

However, I will not base my opinion on the fact that the seller is Centsles because:

a) He always provides accurate images of the coins and makes no attempt to hide flaws - which many other sellers do.
    b) He delivers quickly and professionally.
    c) He packs carefully.
    d) He doesn't overcharge for shipping.

Frankly,he's one of the better sellers I've dealt with on eBay.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Bottomline, if you buy a coin from "senseless" you are in fact SENSELESS!!!

Coins in NTC or ACG slabs for that matter are there for a reason. Any dealer knows that. If a collector thinks he knows more than a dealer then he/she is primed to be bilked.

Mr. Senseless knows very well what he is doing and does it because it is so profitable.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Guys,

I respect your opinions, you two both have great reps. But I'm not saying that NTC is great, I'm not even saying that Centsles is great. What I am saying is that even NTC (rare though it may be) can be accurate. I have seen some, very few, but some NTC coins graded accurately. We have even seen first hand by members of this forum that have successfully cracked out and crossed ACG and NTC coins to equal grade PCGS holders.

All I'm saying is that I'd have to see it in person before buying it...from ANYONE. I would not buy an NTC graded coin by looking at a picture of it. From that scan, I don't think the coin could be properly graded.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If a collector thinks he knows more than a dealer then he/she is primed to be bilked. >>

Interesting thing about that assertion. I've purchased about a dozen coins from the seller who happens to be the topic of this discussion and, in every single case, I've paid about half true raw unslabbed market value.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Bottomline, if you buy a coin from "senseless" you are in fact SENSELESS!!!

Coins in NTC or ACG slabs for that matter are there for a reason. Any dealer knows that. If a collector thinks he knows more than a dealer then he/she is primed to be bilked.

Mr. Senseless knows very well what he is doing and does it because it is so profitable. >>

Exactly! Which goes back to the thread a few weeks ago about would you buy from an ACG/NTC dealer.
    Anyone primarily dealing in this stuff makes most of his living by being dishonest, and I wouldn't buy anything, including a PCGS slab, from such a seller.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would certainly not buy the coin based on its New Mistrust, er, Numistrust grade, but I think it's attractive. Sure, it's a cleaned AU, but it has eye appeal, at least in my eyes. It's the holder that's hideous. Crack that puppy outta there! Liberate it! It deserves to be raw!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<<<<<<<<Outhaul. Wanna make a deal?

I will win an NTC bust half from centsless. If it does not get body bagged at PCGS, then I will send you $50. Deal? >>>>>>>>>>

Did this deal ever get done?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file