Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

I will not be swapping coins for a while!!

I have really enjoyed these coin swaps and extend a sincere thank you to Micheal Dixon & Louie for hosting the ones I have been a part of as well as the many people that I have sent to and received from. I have no gripes with any of you. I would take folks requests and go to the local coin shop and try to find them some decent coins and usually end up getting several more for me as well. Since these transactions usually ended up being for several coins I would get a good deal on the whole package thus benefitting both myself and the person I was to send to.

It turns out that my local coin dealer was also aledgedly involved in a less than legal side line and he got busted just minutes after I found some quarters for Tade in the Spring Swap. The other nearby dealers are in Spokane WA and therefore I am not able to get there anywhere near regularly. There are some good dealers there so I hope to work out a routine that will let me visit some of them more often. In the mean time I will be sidelined for coin swaps and my Type Sets growth will probably slow as well.

Hope to be swapping with you all again soon,
Court

Comments

• Options
    mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    image I wonder what your dealer was doing wrong, I lost the only coin dealer around here because of illegal acitvities to. My Local dealer would slip some coins out of "free" apprisals (sp?) and also "fixed" all the paper work so he could keep most of the tax he collected.
  • Options
    Newspaper report says drugs. He had a very extensive under/behind the counter inventory of coins that I had only started to check out. Until recently I had not even heard rumors about his "other" deals. Every swap gave me opportunity to examine a different variety of coins according to requests. I even found some that I thought Anaconda would like but was never able to swing a deal for those.
  • Options
    A little late, (11 days) but I never knew you lived here in CDA. I like the dealers in Spokane too, really the Corner coin store place. Nice people!
    Justin.
  • Options
    There might be a auction on seized goods.
  • Options
    SpinynormanSpinynorman Posts: 603 ✭✭
    Was that the coin store by Apple Way? (is there more than one in CDA??)

If it was, I sure would have never suspected that one!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I put the wonderful quarters in my album, and it melted.image

Now I know why.
  • Options
    Spinynorman
    Yes, it was the store in Appleway Square. The other CdA coin shop got a real jump in business when NWC closed down. DJ's Coins is just South of Altons Tire on Government Way (you have to look closely).

Tade
    Apparently it was not his coins but extracurricular activities that caused him problems

jd4science
    Coeur d'Alene area resident for quite some time. Just got a chance to buy from and sell to some of the Spokane shops at last weekends coin show. Got some nice Trade dollars and a Seated Half from Coins Plus.
  • Options
    SpinynormanSpinynorman Posts: 603 ✭✭
    Thanks, Mrpawn. That's a shocker!

I'll have to look for DJ's the next time I'm over there. I've probably driven by it dozens of times and never noticed it.
    imageimageimage