Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Wow..I got burned out of $225 on/off of ebay..I feel like crap!!

Alittle while ago I found this two card autograph lot. It was at $420 and I bid and ended up loosing the auction for $430. The same night I bought a Emmitt auto for $200 the same night. A few days later this ebay emails me and says he never heard from the high bidder and that he will sell me the pair for $420. I told him all I had was about $225 because I bought something else. He told me that he would sell me the triple autograph for $225. I said ok and mailed him a money order, registered mail. He told me that he received it and that he mailed my card. About 9 days go by, nothing. I emailed him twice asking for a tracking # and he never emailed me back. So I go into the auction and email the high bidder and see if he got the cards and this seller just wanted to make a few extra bucks off of me. This guy tells me that he got burned for the $430! So total we both got burned out of $655. I email this seller and tell him I know he didn't send it. He emails me back, and says that he insured them for $100, and he will go to the post office later that day and pick up the $100 claim and send it too me(wow if that wasn't stupid I dont know what is) I emailed this seller and after a few emails of scaring the crap out of him and him knowing I wasn't falling for any of these stupid lies..he said he would send my money back. He sent me tracking #'s after he claimed to have mailed my money, and I checked it out and it does say SOMETHING was mailed from the post office. Who knows if its gonna be the full $225, $100, or an empty bubble mailer like he mailed to the other guy. Time will tell. It should be here either Friday, or Saturday. Link included in this post is the auction. I am not the high bidder, nor did I pay the $430(like the high bidder actually did).

Pen Pals lot

Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !

Comments

• Options
    ranchranch Posts: 341
    You're an idiot, Seth!
  • Options
    Why you have to post crap like that ranch? It's bad enough Seth got ripped off but those stupid comments just make it worse.
  • Options
    Well hope you get your money back that's a ton to loose...Good Luck, Chris.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    BECKETTSUCKS- Who are you to say anything about screwing people on eBay? You are one of the worst eBayers ever.
  • Options
    How you figure that allen? I never even sold anything to you so how can you even make that comment.

I am one of the most honest people here.
  • Options
    Seth is stupid because he doesn't know how to do business properly, he's a little kid. Just burning his parents' money.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Oh really, then why is your account suspended?

And what is up with this?

• Options
    PistolPetePistolPete Posts: 352 ✭✭
    I would contact him via phone and tell him you are about to take legal action as well as inform his local police department. They will normally have a detective call him up and arrange an appointment to see what is going on with him if two people complain and the dollar ammount is almost $700. This might just scare him into sending the funds back.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Told you already dude I have a new eBay account and I don't use that one. Why? Ask seth and whoever else may frequent the AOL sports card chatroom.

As for that guy who started that post and trouble ask him if he ever paid, ask him about his other eBay names and ask him how he was talking about selling cards with the autographs removed as errors.

Then come back and ask me why I wanted to ship his cards to him fully insured and fully trackable.
  • Options
    Seth is stupid because he doesn't know how to do business properly, he's a little kid. Just burning his parents' money.

explain, how do i, not know how to do business properly? A seller emailed me and told me he never heard back from the high bidder, and offered me the cards. Whats wrong with that?

he's a little kid. Just burning his parents' money.

That made no sense. If you dont know what your talking about, keep your mouth shut. Your making yourself look like a moron (I think we have told you that enough already) All you do is go around posting pointless things on peoples posts, no one likes you so just get lost. Your a useless piece of crap, go get a job!

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    pistol-I am going to call him if I dont receive my money back by Saturday. This other guy already called him and talked to his girlfriend's father and it looks like hes making Dan send back the money. He told me he would provide a phone number to the post office to where he mailed it so I think he mailed it.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    PistolPetePistolPete Posts: 352 ✭✭
    Good luck Seth, hope you get the funds back.
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>explain, how do i, not know how to do business properly? A seller emailed me and told me he never heard back from the high bidder, and offered me the cards. Whats wrong with that? >>

You should have then told him to relist it on ebay with a BIN price you guys agreed on, he could have then quickly sent you his auction link so you could use the BIN feature. That way your a** would be insured by ebay, but since you have no brain and just go ahead and send him a money Order, now you're screwed! You don't just send money to people like that!
  • Options
    thanks, I feel confident I can. The last time I got burned a few years ago the guy paid the price and I didn't have half as what I got to work with now. I think I will just stick to buying cards straight from ebay and wont do any of those, second chance options.

Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    wow it really is pathetic that the only way you can trust someone is making them do the BIN. I was thinking of asking him to do that but he said he had a two day business trip the next day. We didn't have strong communications, his domain is Yahoo (which is hard to trust in the first place) and there was no way we could communicate fast enough so I could catch the auction, we are never on at the same time because of our jobs. None of that matters anymore, he claims to have sent back my money so we will see how things play out.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    ALLEN DAVID IS THE MAN! (beckettsucks) I would rather deal with him over you any day of the week! I have made many successful deals with him. He would never lie, or cheat anyone out of anything, so screw you allen.
  • Options
    Me and David have had several good trades. I would trade with him anytime too.

Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options

<< <i>wow it really is pathetic that the only way you can trust someone is making them do the BIN. I was thinking of asking him to do that but he said he had a two day business trip the next day. We didn't have strong communications, his domain is Yahoo (which is hard to trust in the first place) and there was no way we could communicate fast enough so I could catch the auction, we are never on at the same time because of our jobs. >>

There you go, my friend. You just said it. If all those problems you listed above are true, then why on earth didn't you back out? Why would you take such a HUGE risk when you yourself had some doubts about this guy?
  • Options
    seth....anything over $500 stolen is a fellony,can result in $10,000 fine and 5 years in jail...turn the thief into his local cop shop and DA's office...print out a coppy of all emails he sent and all your replys if you have them,send copies to the local police and Da were this dude lives along with certified copy of money order or recept that shows how you payed this guy.

I hope it all works out,i went through this a couple years ago with someone,the guy is doing 5 years and fines.
  • Options
    Well I trusted the guy. He had scans of the cards and had it listed on ebay. Very rarely someone is stupid enough to rip someone on ebay since there is a Safe Harbor fraud department. I figured the guy had the cards and I watched the auction for awhile and no feedback was left, like there was no transaction at all.

Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    Jordan-I am aware of everything you said. Thats how I nailed the last guy. He got bailed out of jail though on $2500 bond, and after he had his lawyer delay his court date atleast three times, he finally went and paid up.

Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards