Home Q & A Forum

Do graders know they have an economy vs. regular submission?

RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
Real case in point: I am sitting on a beautiful coin which I typically would submit economy. But, it could go either way... as a PR-68 DCAM it is high end for economy value limit, as a PR-69 DCAM, it is understandably worth a good bit more and could be a good regular submission bet. So ... do graders know if they are looking at an economy or regular submission coin, that is, is there any unconscious bias based on the service level on which the coin was submitted? And, as an added test that speaks to the prior sentence, does a grader know when the coin was submitted, which would reveal the submission level? Thanks, homerun ... Randy

Comments

• homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Hi Randy,

We have different colored boxes for the 5 major service speeds...so graders do know economy from regular submissions. We need to do this to speed up processing (works real good, doesn't it?!?!?!?)...Anyway, the graders say they grade the coins and not the service level. I personally have not noticed any difference in the "lines"...i.e. i think the graders just look at the coins.

David