Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

What is the turn around time for getting slabs back?

I'm curious to find out, what is the turn around time to get your coins graded, slabbed and returned? I buy an awful lot of certified coins, but I'm thinking I should just send some coins in myself.

Appreciate your comments,

Sam

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forever and a day from some of the recent comments and complaints on these boards.
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    I think they should rename "tuen around" time to "bend over" time
  • Options
    TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    Depends on the service. Right now I think economy is 2-2 1/2 months and modern is 5 or 6 weeks.

Before January economy took 1 month and moderns took 3 or 4 weeks.

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    On economy at PCGS I'm on the 51st business day and waiting...
  • Options
    First let me welcome you to the forum.

Second, the "posted" time right now is "50 Days" I received some back in March that took 32 days on the economy modern serviceimage but I guess this is not the normal time frameimage.
    Turn around time doesn't bother me as much as undergrading. I would rather they take the time necessary and not have to feel disapointed when they come back.

Third, if you have any REALLY NICE coins you were considering sending in but are concerned about the turn around time, feel free to send them to me and I'LL: send them in for you image I can't guarantee they will grade as high as you thought (as a matter of fact I'm sure they'll grade much lower) but at least you'll get them back REAL FAST image

Mike
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Well, I called them last week and they said they were all done and awaiting finalizing. Called Tuesday and was told they were waiting finalizing and on the "urgent" list. Now if they aren't done today... Guess I'll call tomorrow and ask what happened to the urgent list.
  • Options
    Thanks for your offer. How are you able to get the certified coins back quicker, than if I sent them in?
    I was just curious.

Sam...
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    inneedof70s is pulling your leg (I think his joke is that if you send him high grade coins, he will buy lower grade slabbed ones of the same date/denomination, and send you those). I don't think it's funny, but he apparently does.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson