Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1980 SADDAM HUSSEIN COIN ???

Does anyone know any thing about this 1980 Saddam Hussein coin? How much is 250fils?

imageClick here for This is the Ebay auction

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like an Iraqi issue- you'll get a better response if you ask on the World/Ancients forum.

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options

<< <i>How much is 250fils? >>

At the official rate of .31 dinars to the dollar, about 81 cents when the 2003 Krause went to press. At that time the "free market" rate was 1,800 dinars to the dollar, so the coin really had a face value of 1/72 of 1¢; and has undoubtedly been further devauled since last fall.

Edited to cover up still another goof - inverting the value.
    imageimageimage
    Roy

• Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    Currency: 1 Iraqi dinar = 1000 fils. Looks like an Iraqi quarter. Just picked this up at a coin show Sunday.
    250 Dinars.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Currency: 1 Iraqi dinar = 1000 fils. Looks like an Iraqi quarter. Just picked this up at a coin show Sunday.
    250 Dinars. >>

MMMMMMMMMMM! I could go for 250 dinners image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    HERE IS THE OTHER COIN. PROOF 1980 SADDAM HUSSEIN COIN. HOW MUCH IS IT'S BOOK PRICE?
    DOES ANYONE KNOW?
    HAS ANY ONE SEEN THIS COIN BEFORE?

imageTHE EBAY AUCTION LINK

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file