Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Morgan Lovers - What would you do?

I have almost full rolls of 1884O, 1886 and 1887 Morgans, mostly white but several with varying degrees of toning, especially some roll ends. I've posted the best pictures I could of several typical coins here. I've tried, without success, to put the pictures in this posting.

Are they worth submitting to PCGS? If some come back in AU grades, would they be saleable for enough to cover the submission fees? I got them for face value about 40 years ago as a fee.

Edited to cover up my demonstration of ignorance.
Roy

Comments

• Options
    JJacksJJacks Posts: 759

satootoko,

Some nice coins there, but they are almost always referred to as "Morgan" dollars (after George P. Morgan - the designer), not "Peace" dollars. Peace dollars are 1921-1935. Some Morgans are also 1921. Peace $s have the design in my logo.

JJacks
    Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • Options
    Well, that shows how much I know about US dollars.image
    Roy

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Those are low MS grade and only worth about $30 ea at the very max so you wouldn't make much money when it was all said & done.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    Sell them on eBay, or keep them and wait until silver goes to $50 again, or keep them until you die.

If you are going to sell them on eBay - pull out colored and sell separately, the rest sell as partial rolls.

Submission fees have to increase the value of the coin enough to cover submission costs. If you have some MS 65+ it may do that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file