Home Q & A Forum
Options

What are the mechanics of obtaining a free review of Roosevelt dimes?

MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
David:

At one point you mentioned that people who had registry sets of Roosevelt dimes would be able to submit the dimes that were registered to PCGS to determine if they qualified for the FB designation. You also generously said that these people (myself included image ) could do so at no cost. Today is the first day that PCGS is scheduled to slab Roosevelts with the FB designation, so i have a few questions:

1) Might people who had Roosevelt dimes registered in type sets also be allowed to submit their dimes for a no cost review?

2) I do have a clad dime set. How do you want us to submit our dimes for their PCGS review?

3) If someone added to their dime set after your initial announcement (as I did--I added a dime, but it in no way has FB...sigh), are these dimes also eligible for a free review?

4) Is there anything else we should know about either the review process in particular or FB Roosevelt dimes in general?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Mark

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Mark,

Here's what I found out...

1. No, program just for the people with a set, i.e. a whole bunch of Roosevelts.

2. The coins should be submitted under our "Designation Review" service, normally $10, but we will waive the charge for Registry Set holders of record as of March 11, 2003. The receiving department has a list of those set holders and will accept coins from those sets for a free FB review. Please remember that you are responsible for return postage.

3. Dimes added after March 11 are not eligible for the freebie.

4. We plan to add population figures for Roosevelts beginning with the September Pop Report.

David