Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Have you ever had anyone snag a cert from the internet and...

Try to put it in a registry set (even though it is not their coin and is in YOUR possession?)

This just happened to me for the first time today. Someone asked PCGS to remove the coin from the registry so they could put it in their registry set...

No fun. The nerve!

Comments

• Options
    No, I feel for you. If I ever sell anything on the internet I'm going to blur out the first 4 digits on the slab number so it won't happen to anyone else.image

Pennies make dollars, and dollars make slabs!

....inflation must be kicking in again this dollar says spend by Dec. 31 2004!

Erik
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the advantage of that? Just creates hastles. No one could ever "get away" with it, and can't imagine that they would want to. Do you know that it wasn't simply someone's error?
  • Options
    The person actually told PCGS service that they bought a collection and that the coin was in it. Not a numerical error on their part... Whoof.

PCGS is being great about it (as they always have been with me). I've got a scan for Customer service that will help their case. I don't know what they think they're gaining...

I guess they thought maybe the coin wouldn't be registered yet or something...

I have to say, this is the very first set of any series I've completed, including the Goodacre presentation coin (thanks, IrishMike!). The set is a bunch of peas in a pod and are truly nice looking. (Once I finally make a 2001D MS67, I'll be top speed - for me anyway.)

I was just curious as to those that might have the same issue, and to see what my fine friends on the boards thought. Thanks for the comments...

Big Bear
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    ursabear,

I hope PCGS is going to take action against the person who tried to use your cert number. Obviously, you are able to prove you still have the coin. That person should be banned from participating in the Registry! IMO

What a thief!!!!!!!!!! image
    Dan
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I sold off all my PR70DCAM's in my modern proof set and then started selling off my 69's and listed them on eBay.

Then I decided I needed a modern proof set, so I started making my own. I tried to put in one of my old 69's that didn't sell and got a message that it was already registred by another user.

BJ contacted them and they said they "just wanted to see how it would improve their set if they upgraded and forgot to remove it"
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6