Home U.S. Coin Forum

2 Silver Eagles Awesome Toned

Received these in todays mail.

ANACS graded this one MS68

This one is raw with unbelieveable color. Lavendar & Green on the obv. An stunning Purple & Gold on the rev. It is even more bright purple in person. I was stunned when I saw it. What'ca think?

Lori

Comments

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the reverse on the 2002. WOW!!! So, how did these tone? What were the housed in? Any idea?
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • I really don't know. I just buy them. I do have one that the seller told me it was wrapped in tissue paper and it toned that way.

Thats all I know. They sure can tone wonderful shades of color though.

Lori
    I agree...trying to cook a few myself. Put some in the velvet box outside the holder. A few in envelopes, etc. Maybe in a year or two you can buy mine.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    Nice Colors. Both are lovely, but I think I prefer the top one. image
    Lori:
    Check this one out. If the link failed go to item #3015650695 on eBay. Enjoy.

null
  • DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Why do I have that AT feeling again? The coin is really way too new to be toned that way from just aging IMHO. However, they are neat looking bullion coins... so enjoy!!
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • I saw that one. Personally I dont like it. To in your face color. I also do NOT like the price tag attached. All my toned Eagles (I have 4) cost less then $50 and that includes the slabbing fee I paid. Bought them all raw except one and that one cost me less then $35.

Lori
    Agree regarding cost...your's are more reasonable and better color.
  • CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    Absolutely love the 2002! Wow! That image is going into my permanent file.
  • I must puketh....a little too much for me...image
  • Superb!

Brian.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file