Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Not your normal Rainbow Morgan..... Hold On

stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
I tried to pry this loose before the auction started from Mbcoin eBay seller. No luckimage

Yes it's a lot of money, but look at it!!!!

Text
Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Yeah...I saw that one too...I wept. I just can't bring myself to pay that money...but she's a beauty...
  • Options
    RittenhouseRittenhouse Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    I own it's older sister, a nice 64. Guess I should slab & sell on ebay.

• Options
    What, nobody likes this coin? I guess some would rather see people put up their AT and cleaned coins.image
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin but, not worth the $$$ for a MS63.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, and I think it'll fetch much more before it's all over.
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    I like it very much, but mine is a lot nicer.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I wouldn't be surprised to see that push $1000. You can forget how common a coin is, or it's technical grade with that kind of color. I saw a couple of similar toned common 63s change hands in Charlotte for $900 each. Toned Morgans are red hot right now.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    While that is also a crescent, it is not the same pattern. The 81-O has narrow, defined bands which is what makes it a high dollar coin. The 81-S does not have defined bands of color.
  • Options
    KGAG knows his toned Morgans. Not only the defined bands but the color is sweet. If I had not spent about 10k on coins in the last 2 months, and self employment taxes to pay... I would probably do what it takes to gain ownership of this one.

Call me dumb.... but this coin has some great POP to it. And I know this sellers images are true to the coin in hand.
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    All the right colors in all the right places.

Cool coin.

GSAGUY

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file