Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anybody got a 2000 SAE Gerald Ford "Limited Edition" left ring finger MS-69 for sale?

Everytime I see a "raw" coin with a fingerprint........ I wonder to myself....... Did this come back from a grading service in a body-bag? or was it a crackout???? You guys got me all shook up over fingerprints now....... Will the day ever come where we will be able to identify the fingerprints in such a way that the fingerprint will become the collectable and the coin merely the "canvas" on which it is displayed??? I can almost envision ex-presidents putting a big fat thumbprint on SAE's, and having them encapsulated in "limited editions"....... not only can I see this, but a full set would consist of TEN SAE's per year..... one from each finger !!!!! Anybody got a 2000 Gerald Ford left ring finger in 69 for sale???
Cam-Slam 2-6-04
3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
4 "YOU SUCKS"
Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
Seated Halves are my specialty !
Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
(1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image

Comments

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I flatly refuse to accept any coin with a fingerprint, no matter how slight. Any online seller that fails to disclose a fingerprint on a coin shouldn't be in business. I can't count how many times sellers have sent me OBVIOUSLY fingerprinted coins even after I specifically asked ahead of time if there were any on it. I've even been accused of "cherry picking", but too bad. A fingerprint is completely unacceptable to me & if sellers were up front about it, I wouldn't bother bidding to begin with!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've even been accused of "cherry picking" >>

Welcome to the hobby! Who could accuse someone of cherry picking in a derogotory sense? Everyone is a cherrypicker when they buy... they buy what they like (and might know more than the seller)... anyone using cherrypicker to mean something bad is not thinking too hard...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • smprfismprfi Posts: 874
    AH a warped sense of humor.I like, I like.imageimageimageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file