Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969 MINTXPRESS PSA 9 Results

Well there all over. I got 4 of the 6 I wanted. The POP 1's F.Robby and Don Sutton. I also got a tough Kaline and I now have 2 of the 3 MINT 9 Bunning cards. Dan M has the third. I missed out on the Jackson and the Seaver.

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Bob. I only won 1 card, the Bobby Bonds PSA 9 RC. What did the Jackson end at? How about the Brock PSA 8? I didn't bookmark them and they haven't shown up in the completed items yet.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I won the '69 Palmer PSA 9 and '69 Killebrew PSA 9, and was the 2nd highest bidder on three others: Bench, McLain, and Ted Williams. I wanted the Aaron PSA 9 the most out of the entire bunch but it just went way too high for my liking. The Carlton was another I bid on but want way higher than I expected. The Brock PSA 8 went for $270.

MintXPress Auction Results
  • Options
    Thanks for the link Dan. Unbelievable prices on some cards. The Clemente 9 is the first one I've seen to sell for over $1000 in some time. It looks like MINTXPRESS does a good job of advertising since there appeared to be many new bidders from the usual '69 crowd and many went well above normal eBay prices.

I was glad to see the Brock do so well. The Brocks I've seen have sold for under $200. Makes me feel better about having spent $225 for mine a few years back.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Gaspipe-

Strong...1 second snipe on the Frank Robinson....NICE!!

Congrats on all who won cards tonight.....some awesome auctions!

John

• Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    expect a pro 10 gem mint here
    Mar-20-03
    Mar-30-03
    19:00:00
    $2,158.00
    1934 GOUDEY
    LOU GEHRIG #61
    PSA 6
    *CENTERED*
    syzygy3.14(929)
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    I was amazed at the interest in these cards. It certainly was the best set of stars from the '69T set that I have seen on Ebay. I set snipes on most of the cards. Only won one, and many of my snipes never went off due to being priced out. I am sure MintXpress is pleased! I was hoping to grab the threesome in PSA 8. Fread beat me to it (again).

Taz
    Buying 1964 PSA 9 Baseball
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Wow. I wish I had the cash to spend on these (my need to finish the '70 set has limited my bidding on the '69s).

One question: what is the "PD" on the Yastrzemski? Dots in the top border? Or are there roller marks on the front? I can't tell from the scan - a black background would have helped on these auctions (hint to anyone selling white bordered cards - scan in dark room with lid of scanner up image). I'm surprised this card went so high with the "PD" qualifier.

JEB.
  • Options
    Bob,

Nice job on the Frank Robinson. That's a very nice card. The 1 second snipe is admirable (lucky?). Have you tried a sniping service yet. I think it saves a lot of time and money.

Anyhow, great wins. I dream of the day that I own '69 stars in PSA 9.

JEB.
  • Options
    Sorry to keep posting, but I just saw the Reggie Jackson. What a great card!!! I wonder what kept that from receiving a 10? Front and back centering are nice and corners are obviously sharp to have received a "9". By the serial #, it's obviously an early graded card. I would be tempted to resubmit that one for another round in Newport Beach. image

That's just me talking with nothing on the line (i.e. not having forked over $5,600.00+ for one card!) I don't know if I'd have the ba!!s to do it though.

JEB.
  • Options
    Hello all

I have a 69T PSA 9 Palmer and I'd let it go for $210, if any of you are still interested. I'd be happy to email a high-resolution scan if requested. I could accept PayPal (from a non-creditcard source), MO, or a check. Use ametfan@optonline.net to email me. Thanks!
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Actually I didnt know I had 1 second left. I ran back to put a final bid on the Seaver and rushed back for the F.Robby. If I knew I was cutting that close I wouldnt of done it. I would have been pissed if I missed my bid on the Robby.
  • Options
    Dan,
    Let me know if the Killer card is as nice as it looks.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

That is amazing...I thought you used a sniping service to do that...the ebay gods must have wanted you to win that card.

John
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Bob,

Will do!
  • Options
    LJB17LJB17 Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Bob,

Since you have the F. Robby in a 9 now, does that mean you have an 8 you may be willing to part with?

Luke
    Looking for 77 cloth 9s and 10s.
    54 Red Hearts
    and now 64 Stand ups
  • Options
    EOMINTEOMINT Posts: 349
    I bought the Nettles and the Carlton, both seemed too cheap to me, I now have 2 Carltons in 9 from that year.

EO
  • Options
    Right now I just dont have alot of time to truly go after and finish the 69 set. My transfer to Florida and the problems I have there are taking up alot of my time. So what I've been doing is only going after the really tough cards, the Shannon's, the Satriano's the low Pop Stars. I'll hoard those and fill in the rest slowly but surely. I have 300 1969's ready to go but I'm back to living out of a suitcase so I just dont have alot of time ,when I get home to work on it or even list cards on Ebay. I usually pack up the wife and we head out to see the horses. Then before you know it I'm back on a plane. I have procured quite a few tough ones. Think of the ones I've sold in the last year.
    3 Kekich in 8, 2 McDaniel in 8, a Shannon in 8, Radatz 8, Ferraro 8, Satriano 8, Felipe Alou 9, Shamsky 9, McDowell 9, Andrews 9, Weis 9. Plus a dozen other POP 1 commons in 9. I dont regret it, BUT I think about it an awful lot.!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I dont regret it, BUT I think about it an awful lot.!!!!!!!!! >>

It's better to have owned and lost than to never have owned before.
  • Options
    thejamthejam Posts: 164
    gaspipe i have some nice straight egyptian arabian horse for trade or sale
  • Options
    thejam,

Mine are Standardbred Racehorses.

Bob
  • Options
    ... I'm sorry to hear about thatimage
  • Options
    I'm not sorry, they make money and we have fun racing them.
  • Options
    how much wax and/or vending does one have to go through to find cards like those? Obviously they made some good money, but I'd hate to see how much money they've spent on vending and wax to find those cards
  • Options
    dbj77,
    I think most of those were collected over a period of time. The serial #'s are all over the place. Plus I believe the consignor is a major collector.