Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1968 Tigers Hot!!

There was a thread about the 68 set in the superior auction that was started by Wayne. These four Tigers in 8 just closed on ebay.

Wert 153.51
Cash 167.50
Lolich 190.58
McAuliffe 127.51

Its my opinion that the Macauliffe is the toughest of the bunch with lolich and wert close seconds. Regardless these are great prices for the seller hooray for the seller.

Dave
Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com

Comments

• Options
    Dave - The 68' Tiger action is wicked as you detail. Funny...the 69' action which statistically details the Tiger season on each player card is almost as fierce. Tigers in the 69' set also typically go for a premium.
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Ray

You are correct alot of it is the fact they won the 68 series with some high profile players.

Dave
  • Options
    GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Stump,

Are those prices on 8's or 9's.

• Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Matt

These prices were for 8's. The nines in these will bring in the 200-300 range.

Dave
  • Options
    GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Dave.

Thanks, PS congrats on the shannon.

I agree all the shannon folklore I've heard in the past year and a half
    is worth owning the card.

Gator
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I believe the latest issue of SCD had a classified ad for 1968 Tigers team set in both PSA 7 and 8 available, possibly several for sale.

I will check
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    srs1asrs1a Posts: 398
    '68 Tigers are crazy. About a month ago, McAuliffe in SGC-96 went for close to $275. I picked up a Lolich in 8 a couple of years ago and was steamed that I had to pay about 2X SMR...but that was probably half the price Stump posted. I still need McLain (sp?), so yell if you have one handy!

Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No weakness in sight for vintage PSA 8 and 9. In fact, many of the stars that used to hit the market often are now getting new legs since many in the population are tied up in private collections. I was surprised to see the '69 Stargell PSA 10 go for $700+. There are ten PSA 10s of that card but they rarely come up for sale these days.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Yes, the '68 Topps Tigers cards are always tough to find. I had snipe bids on the Wert and McAulife on the previously mentioned auction and they didn't even register on the radar screen. I have a McAullife in PSA 7 and I once had a Wert PSA 7, but someone offered me $45 for it and it seemed like an offer I couldn't pass on. Now, I'm beginning to wonder?