Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

POP 1/0 1854 $3 Gold

WOW!

This one would really move me up in my 12 pc. gold set but I think I will hold off on that move for a while.imageimage

The $3 Princess is a good upgrade coin, money wise, in this set because of the weighting.

I think this is may be the only $3 MS68 in PCGS? How does someone come up with value on a coin like this?

PCGS $3 Gold

imageimageimage

Larry
Dabigkahuna

Comments

• Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    for me i do not know what this coin is worth as such

i guess in a highly promoted auction at the next fun show with no reserve we would certianly find out!!

but be that as it may in my opinion if you buy this coin do not break it out of its respective holder

as if this coin was broken out of its holder to me RAW it is an approximate 45,000 coin retail

sight seen i might have a totally different opinion

so i guess for me currently in its ms 68 holder pcgs it is worth over 45,000................ how much over who knows?

sincerely michael
  • Options
    Wow! This could be a house.

Better Link
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    Is that a large mark right in front of her neck?

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    That looks more like a toning spot than a mark to me. The luster is really strong. Truly a fine coin.
  • Options
    ZerbeZerbe Posts: 587 ✭✭
    Larry, the ms68 $3 would give you .35 points and move you up only one slot. I agree, hold off awhile.image
    In my case, I gain only .10 points and do not move up a slot. image
    The price being advertised is high. That coin was offered to me thousands lower, a short while back. Not many people can afford a single upgrade as that, unless you want to mortgage the house.
    As far as the value of that coin, I think it is inline, at the price it was offered to me. It is the only MS68 $3 at PCGS and NGC. It is the only MS68 for the whole series at PCGS. The only thing that coin is doing for me today, is making me feel poor. image On the brighter side, we can do at least a half dozen other upgrades for the same money.
    I think Bear has his eye on this coin anyways. image
  • Options
    Paul,

Thnaks for the interesting input on this coin. I have been dragging my tail in updating the $3 gold in my set. I stiill only have an MS61 that I use for that slot. I doubt the MS68 will be the upgrade Im looking for.

Congratulations on your gold sets by the way, they must be amazing to see.

Bill,

Thanks for the better link. I thought I had the close up loaded.image

The lure of Dark Side Gold is very strong these days!

Larry
    Dabigkahuna
  • Options
    "1854 $3 MS68 PCGS."

You gotta love the detailed description that goes with this $145,000 coin! image

Those folks must be really busy down there...heck, I do better than that when
    I list a $50 coin for sale!

Ken

• Options
    You're wlecome.

Just let me get the darkside gold I want first then the rest is yours. image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Those are both great $3 Princesses image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6