Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Platinum Proof errors?

imageI am trying to find out if anyone else has received damaged $50 2002-W Platinum Proof coins from Mint? Or any other year for that matter? I noticed some $25 2002-W Gold errors on Ebay, and being the 1/2 ounce denomination, wondered if there were problems with that size? Also, Platinum Bullion,
is it also minted at West Point? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Not me, but maybe someone else has. Oh, andimageI think you'll like it hereimage
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of errors? Anything significant?
    ----- kj
  • Options
    The last platinum proof error that I recieved was an error by the seller. He listed a 2004 1/4 ounce platinum proof for a "Buy It Now" of $300 a couple of weeks ago..

Idin't think long about pulling the trigger on that one. I was actually worried during the checkout phase that someone had a faster trigger finger than I did . The coin was beautiful and may even have a shot at a proof 70. It has already been sent off to PCGS.

It was a $1000+ listing error on the part of the seller as these have sold for over $1500 recently due to the 5035 mintage.

The seller was very happy with the transaction and we both left glowing feedback for each other.
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.
  • Options
    Coinhog, I must say... you suck. Congrats.
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you gotten the coin yet? DId you have any other 2004 proof platinum eagles?

Lucky. image
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumpo... did you get it back from PCGS yet?
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file