Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Registry Set Member Advantage.

Among the Merc Dime folks getting a crack at a coin is a advantage IMO. Seems to happen more than not. Does this also happen witin the other Registry Series or are the Merc Folks just Really Special ?

Well I can answer part of the question. The Merc Folks are Really Special IMO !! Here is a coin I received from Wayne today. Pretty Nice. What do you think ? Just to Keep everything Kosher it Is Not For Sale. image

Ken

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>or are the Merc Folks just Really Special ? >>

They are "special".image

Russ, NCNE

• Options
    That is a beautiful coin, Ken. image Looks almost to white to be in your set though. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beth:

Wayne took care of me. The coin has a brownish light tone. The picture here is almost accurate. I know he would not offer a pure white coin to me. image Please donot forget I do like original white coins, they must be original though.

Ken
  • Options
    Wayne is a very nice and SPECIAL Guy! He takes care of all the merc heads! That is a nice coin, was that one of his AU's?
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    He would not part with the AU coins. image I had to settle for this MS coin. A just miss MS??FB coin. image I wanted the 20S but did not want to press the issue. Maybe someday.

Ken
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ken,

The reverse photo is pretty accurate, the obverse photo does not do the coin justice IMHO, and Ken is darned good with a camera! The toning near the rim where it was the prettiest seems washed out with little contrast.

Dennis, you have seen this coin before, check your notes! AU?

Beth, The reverse is nice original & white, the obverse has more medium golden browns especially around the rim and fading toward the center. As Ken said, I would not have sent it to him if I didn't already know he would love it. I already regret selling this dime. BTW, I made this dime, and it is the only MSFB dime from my first submission of 8 dimes. If it finds a home in one of Ken's set, I am honored!

Actually, this is one of those trade deals, and I can't wait to get my dime. I have never been dissappointed with a dime Ken sent me, so I know it will be a beauty.

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    image ok Wayne, you got me...lol

It is a coin I have seen before.....(smile)
    Dennis

My Dimes

• Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    The proof Jeff guys are great, as well, at selling extras to one another or locating coins we know others need. image
  • Options
    It is an advantage to take part in this community. There is a good bunch of Merc and Jeff people here. It used to be that way with the 20'th century type set, but most of that gang has moved into different things.

BTW Nice coin Ken!!!
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice-looking '35-D, Ken.

I think we all know that Merc collectors are special! imageimage

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Nice looking 35D FB coin you have there Ken. Looks like a MS 64.

Walt image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken
    Nice coin,you sure got the bread loafs on that oneimage...looks like a 5.
    Merc collectors are specialimage..Al
  • Options
    Nice coin, Ken. As Al aluded to, looks like "picture perfect" bands! image

And yes, the Merc Folk are Most special!
    And now that my Washingtons are mostly complete(less upgrades), perhaps I should start lookin' at Jeffersons. image

Don

"Breadloaf" Bands and

FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    It sure is a Struck Up son of a gun. The coin would have went 65, IMO, if it would not have had some small luster disturbances on her cheek. It has a bag mark on her chin but I do not think this is what kept it out of the 65 grade. We must remember that Luster is of the utmost importance when looking at a coin to submit to PCGS and NGC and ANACS. image

Ken
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto to all, we are indeed a special brand image

Sure beats all the flame going around on the other board.
    Sheez thank the good lord Gmarguli is not a Merc personimage

Marc
  • Options
    Hey merc heads,
    You are all top notch folks, but in your heart you are jealous! Ours are bigger!
    Walkers rule!!!!
    Walker Guyimageimage
  • Options
    Walkers are in fact real nice coins for sure. But the fact that yours is bigger does not make me jealous, It takes a special breed to enjoy a smaller one!(ok, I know what you thinkin'...I am talkin' coins!)imageimage

fun, fun fun,!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dennis

My Dimes

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

no comment image