Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Same Coin/Two Auctions??

Whats with this deal. The same coin is listed in two Auctions.

Yahoo Auction

Ebay Auction

Reedededge whats up with this?????

Larry

Comments

• Options
    I'll take the Yahoo one. it's got a lower price!! But seriously, what's he up to--list it both places and cancel the one with the lower bid? Doesn't sound very ethical to me!

Pete
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    You do find that dealers sometimes will list the same coin on Yahoo and eBay. If the coin sells they have the right to cancel the other auction. Gives them a way to use multiple venues to sells their wares.

I see no problem with this. It would be the same as a coin in a shop that is also on eBay. If it sells in the shop, the auction is cancelled.

By the way.. the Yahoo auction has a reserve!! Read!!

JMHO

WWQ
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    Here is my thought - reedededge was a heavy reserve auction seller on eBay

they got frustrated with the new reserve price listing fees on eBay

it took them awhile to figure out that they just need to start their listing at their reserve price

they have high reserves/prices so not very high percentage get sold

Yahoo auction IS a reserve auction, so until price gets met (which I bet is $425), no sale will occur.

Yahoo prices generally lower - not many will hit their reserve there either.

How much different is this than people who have a coin on eBay and also in their website inventory?
  • Options
    Larry/Pete...

Here is his reply to me....

(I have just this one coin. It's a "horse race" between the 2 venues. If it meets reserve on either EBay or Yahoo, then we'll cancel the auction on the other.

Thanks, and good luck in the auction.

Robert Lehmann
    The Reeded Edge, Inc.)

Text
    A active collector of Modern Proof graded coins. Highligted by my Modern registry sets. (The Lewis' Collections).
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    ISN'T this the bozo that Spams everyone who ever asked him a question or bid on one of his auctions?

RICK15JK, I hope you were already on his "list", because you are now.
  • Options
    He better not....

I have no problem passing out his email to every telephone company...to switch his long Distance...

Rick
    A active collector of Modern Proof graded coins. Highligted by my Modern registry sets. (The Lewis' Collections).
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    The coin looks like it's lucky to get ms66. Looks more like a 4 and possibly a 5 at the highest IMHO
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some Benson coins were pedigreed in quantity. I bought a lot of (10) 1936(s) Buffalo nickels in PCGS-MS66 holders all labeled "Benson" and I passed on at least 20 more in other lots. I also bought a bunch of Wash quarter Benson pedigrees.

So, no big deal that (2) sellers are selling Benson pedigreed Walkers IMHO. image

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Mitch,
    That may be true! but these two have the same PCGS slab number (unless he is using a generic "file" photo)

Pete
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Mitch, That may be true! but these two have the same PCGS slab number (unless he is using a generic "file" photo) Pete

Pete: Now there is something you do not see everyday image Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    all: Here is another reply from him:

(Hi Richard,

Please understand, that we run a business to generate a profit. We will use whatever venue(s) best suits that goal. I don't see why that would upset you and/or discourage you from bidding.

If you don't want to go the auction route, feel free to make us an offer to buy this piece (or any other) outright.

Thanks,
    Robert Lehmann
    The Reeded Edge, Inc.)

Rick
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Isn't his proposal against eBay rules?
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image