Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

just bought this card @ a steal of a price

bonds 1/1. a farve 1/1 is over $700 right now.

bonds gai 1/1

what you think?

Comments

• Options
    sweet card
    my site
    CU Refs- Fuzz86, Duncangalx2, lafrentz06, playr050, ahares, battier, PunKrocKtrojaN, SpeedMaster x2, Magic1fan, Beave2, Patman2011, pugsley, lilgotz1, netfan5, gmac, felix76, nismo68, xxchamp34xx, kbryant1, dmiles89, ladude465, zbarr23, PHil2347, judgement, panthersfan, tomkat, kobecollector, ljmaya, jimjoe
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    That card is not rare even in "gem mint" grade. If it isn't BGS graded how can you
    compare the two? I think you overpayed.

Kevin
  • Options
    If it is such a great card according to the description, Why didn't they send it to BGS and have it graded a 9.5 or 10 and sell it for 3 times the $299 price? I don't think it is that great of a steal/ Sorry for the downer!image
    Move along folks.......Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    The back is WAY off-centered

• Options
    check out ebay on what 1st graded gai are selling for. i bought this card to resell in a week or 2 when bonds starts hitting hr's.
  • Options
    if gai catches on like i think it is. this cards is a steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gai cards are selling at huge premiums. if i do decide to hold this card, what will it sell for when bnarry hits 700????????? sometimes you have to make investments ahead of the curve. just some advice.

all who still doubt, i have a unlimmited bank roll & will buy all your gai 1st graded gems or perfects.

also looking for graded gems of palmerio & griffey.

thanks!
  • Options
    Maybe they just grade the front of the card?? lol
  • Options
    based on this grading, GAI is crap. Look at the back. It's clearly way off centered.
    Always looking for Vladimir Guerrero!!!

The beginnings of a CU reference list: Dkiger, Dewey, autobilia, ljmaya,cardjunkie, hamptonfan2002

Bad traders: back to being just Winsarc
  • Options
    you guysa are way off base. maybe the card is off centered on the back but who cares i have it authnticated as a gem mint. thats what most people care about anyway. ive bought many psa 10 cards that are off centered & they still sell for a high premium.

take a look:

griffey psa 10 off cenntered

wait to see you see what i get for this bonds. image
  • Options
    i much rather have that card in psa 10 or bgs 9.5. you paid to much for that card . you are taking a risk on what you think might catch on in your words. when you can buy a psa or bgs gem mint , and have a card that already has caught on with no risk. which to me is a no brainer.plus i know you can buy a psa 10 of the card for cheaper than paid for this card graded by a crap co. makes no sense to me but its your money you are throwing away .
    lets make a deal!ref so far ken60565, Derrick,delgadofan,Sporto1633,KG, dodgerguy99, PROMETHIUS88 and winsarc !as well as others !
  • Options
    you guys are so misinformed its unbelieveable.

just let me know when you buy your first card from this crap company?

take a look at this crap company:

you guys are right ass company

just let you in on some info that the last couple gai 9.5 bonds traded have sold for more or the same as psa.

please send gai my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    You're an idiot. No one cares about your stupid eBay purchases, and surely no one wants to hear you run your idiot mouth about your "unlimited bank roll". Just do us all a favor, and shutup and go away

Erik
    I'd challenge you to a battle of wits...... but you appear unarmed

"Stop talking, negotiating,
    Your feeble attempts at world peace
    Give me a %#@*ing break
    Need worldwide genocide, planetary suicide
    And when the whole damn world is dead
    there's your %#@*ing peace"
  • Options

<< <i>you guys are so misinformed its unbelieveable.

just let me know when you buy your first card from this crap company?

take a look at this crap company:

you guys are right ass company

just let you in on some info that the last couple gai 9.5 bonds traded have sold for more or the same as psa.

please send gai my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Congratulations! You've found at least one other person as dumb as yourself!!!! I wonder why you missed this "1/1" ?

The beginnings of a CU reference list: Dkiger, Dewey, autobilia, ljmaya,cardjunkie, hamptonfan2002

• Options
    last thing said on this matter is that i'll hear a bunch of you in a year talking about how you just bought a gai graded card.
  • Options
    Everyone sit down.What I am about to say might cause you tof all down;
    I agree with JErik20 on this clown!

Please stop this! You are now bordering on "SPAMMING" the board with your garbage!
    What are you anyway;a stock holder in GAI. Give us a break! We all know GAI is, at best, a borderline grading company that is just another wannabe & that's all they'll ever be.Take your bankroll & GAI cards somewhere else.No one here is buying your BS !
    It figures you hung out with those clowns from the WWE.All flash & show but NO substance.Later dude, as Hulk would say!
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • Options
    thats a nice card, but you're paying for the "1st graded" novelty. PSA has over 1600 of that same card graded psa 10. No matter what the holder is, buy the card inside!!!!! If that card said SCD, PSA, SGC, BGS, GAI, whatever, BUY THE CARD, NOT THE HOLDER! only newbs will buy the card based on the holder. I understand you're speculation on the 1/1 thing, and good luck to you, but for those of us who buy cards to collect as a hobby, thats no concern to us. Since you seem to be out to make money, good for you. I for one will not spend attrocious amounts on a holder just because it says 1/1. I can get a SGC 98 of PSA 10 of that card for half the money.

Good luck on your investment gradeddream, but I still think it's silly to be excited about the first card graded phenomenom. This hobby needs to get back to the basics, which is the cards themselves, the companies that grade them should be minor to the condition of the actual card itself.
  • Options
    "ahead of the curve"

WHATTTTTTT

You actually think Bonds cards are going to go up this year? His stuff is already way too high and
    his 3 fans already own all his cards, this is perhaps the dumbest purchase you could of made! Not
    only did you get a card that no one cares about, but you got it graded by a second rate grading
    company and paid too much for it! You think Bonds cards are a great secret now? What
    magazine are you reading? You got sucked in by a con-artist, admit it and move on.

If you don't trust me open the Beckett baseball to page 75...the last GAI 9.5 sold for 105.00!!!

OUCH

JS

PS....You would be lucky to get an 9 from BGS and thats if you could even get it out
    of that crappy holder without putting a flat head screw driver through Barry's head!
  • Options
    JS is right..... this dude thinks he's "ahead of the curve" cause he's just now buying Bonds cards??

Not sure if you've noticed JadedDream, but Bonds popularity peaked long ago. Notice that the date on the magazine you got your "hot tip" from says Feb/2000, not Feb/2003

Erik

And with Bobstars last post-- hell hath frozen over!!!!!!!!!
    I'd challenge you to a battle of wits...... but you appear unarmed

"Stop talking, negotiating,
    Your feeble attempts at world peace
    Give me a %#@*ing break
    Need worldwide genocide, planetary suicide
    And when the whole damn world is dead
    there's your %#@*ing peace"
  • Options
    kr580kr580 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭

<< <i>please send gai my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

if i get any, their yours FREE... don't want that crap
  • Options
    The only question gradedream needs to ask himself is, Who's going down first, Gai or Gradedream?image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    Hey look who has made a special cameo appearance! How about those Bucs???

JS
  • Options
    Yeah Joe, you're Buc's are pretty good, I think everybody knows that now! But, can they do it again?image
  • Options
    LOL nice way to get out of that one! LOL

JS
  • Options
    Hey, I admit, I'll never be a Buc's fan, But I can't come on here and say a team sucks two months after they win the Super Bowl, I'll wait to do that after they lose their first game.image
  • Options
    ranchranch Posts: 341
    Come on folks, big deal if Gradeddream overpaid for that GAI graded Bonds card. He's a millionaire, remember? image
  • Options
    To gradeddream's defense, alot of veterans is saying it's about the card, not the holder....well, then what the fudge are we all getting high and mighty about our PSA 8, 9, and 10 purchases. And this is a PSA-board!!

Let's face it. We all love cards, but many of us like getting it in a PSA-holder. And don't tell me it's just about authenticity, because I've seen how people talk about how SGC is not as liquid as PSA, blah, blah, blah. We don't know about the future of GAI, but let's admit that GAI is NOT like AAA or TFA or any of the other junkie stuff.

Only time will tell if gradeddream's "investment" pans out well - and you know, I DO wish him well - yes, I collect PSA cards only because of the card and hopefully for some of it's investment. And it's not like you're sitting on 300 Joe Charboneau cards like alot of these guys did in the 1980's.
  • Options
    He asked for our opinions and we gave them and he got all mad. Looks like he was just looking for "Great buy!" or "That's a steal" BS.

• Options

<< <i>" You got sucked in by a con-artist, admit it and move on.

If you don't trust me open the Beckett baseball to page 75...the last GAI 9.5 sold for 105.00!!!

! >>

Correction he bought the last GAI 9.5 for $299. That is almost triple what the last one sold for. This gradedream fool is not creditable in my eyes he doen't even do his homework on stuff before he purchases it.

I'm sure everyone has heard this before:

"A fool and his money will soon be parted"
    Move along folks.......Nothing to see here.