Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Parting with my 75 Topps set :(

With much regret I must inform that I am going to sell my 75 Topps set. It is currently 9th finest on the list at 59% complete inlcuding the key cards in PSA 8. Anyone interested please contact me privately at newage@joink.com. I got married this past month and the expense of getting a house and getting it fixed up is getting to the point I must part with it for now. In addition I have a lot of 100 ungraded cards from 75 that are not in my register that I have been waiting on a special to get graded. I will include these with whoever purchases the set. It is my desire to have the set stay together and go to somebody who has the desire to finish it. Again email me if interested and you may check it out under the name of Dean's Figure 8's, number 9 in the list.

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    dcaudle,

I think you could do much better selling cards individually on this set. These cards regularly sell for close to the cost of grading in PSA 8. I can't imagine someone would be willing to spend more than $3 - $4 or so per card for the whole lot (roughly $1100 - $1600 for the 389 cards you have registered). I'd be interested in some cards. Why not contact everyone currently registered and offer them a fixed price on any cards they wanted. Out of the nearly 100 currently registered sets, I'm sure you could find buyers for virtually every card you have (even the 7's), and at a higher price.

Good luck with however you decide to sell the set. It's one of my favorites.

JEB.
  • Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Dean> I know you've been working hard on the set and it must be tough to see it go. I will agree with lizard though. As a set, especially as a partial set, if you want to maximize the return then you would be much better off parting it out. I know I would be interested in working something out for the PSA9s, but as you know I'm only 12 cards short so there's no way I could justify buying a 60% complete set for them.

If you look at the complete PSA-graded sets from the 1970s that have gone on Superior in the last 6-8 months, the prices realized were definitely down compared to parting them out. Obviously the relationship is a bit better when you consider the savings of time and effort.

Anyway. . .
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    I agree with the others I'm in need of some of the cards that I would gladly pay a price comarable to e-bay but with out there fees say $6 for commons with reasonable S/h. If that sounds good drop me an email Definitley sell them individually I know I can't afford all of them right now but would love some of them. By the way how much were you thinking of asking?image
    "All my life I've been searching for something"
  • Options
    tsmmem@hotmail.com image
    "All my life I've been searching for something"
  • Options
    UllrUllr Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    If you don't want to spend the time to sell each card individually you might do well with team sets. I'd galadly pay a premium to pick up a bunch of Red Sox cards at once especially if the 9 was included. It would be alot less work on your part and would get alot of people involved, like myself, who are'nt collecting the whole set.
    I know you originally stated that you wanted to keep the set intact but your wife and house should come first.
    collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs