Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My 1st PSA 10

Received my grades on my last submission, and lo & behold there was 10! 1981 Donruss Golf #59 Terry Diehl. That should boost my set rating .01 hehe. Anyway, what a neat feeling. Had to tell someone, my wife thought I was nuts, she didn't get it.

RobBob
Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Crazy??? nahhhhhh.

I went through the same thing when I got my first ten only a few short months ago.

Congrats.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    And I believe that is a universal wife thing...

Although mine has started asking - and how much more is a 10 worth than a 9? Sadly, the on PSA 10 that I've received myself was a 1968 Bill Kelso. At the time, it had a pop of 30 in PSA 10. So, even my "invoice high" didn't last all that long.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    good for you! Enjoy!
  • Options
    Congrats! - Still looking for my first. My wife thinks I'm nuts to.
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    RobBob....(Golf)

Nothing like the rapture of a 10!!!

(kinda' like a "hole in one" feeling....)

He "feels" the moment........He thinks about 50 feet and to the right............He putts........Oh no!!! not left............OK!!! straightened out.........Will it???.........Come on!!!..........................................It's IN!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your first 10!! May there be more for you another day...

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    FB....

Hey Frank.....A 10 will always be a 10.

I'll take a pile of 1968 Topps 10's anytime!!! A few of us have never seen a '68 in the BIG grade.

(A little like my 72's......ha!.....)

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Congats I received a 10 on my second submission to psa . Didn't really appreciate it a 72 met FB took off my hands I figured I'd probably get a mess more has this card looked really good but no different to me than many others which have had comeback 8's + 9's enjoyimage
    "All my life I've been searching for something"
  • Options
    never had the honor of getting a 10 image
    -- Remember, don't do drugs, have unprotected sex, or kill anyone...leave that stuff to me.

• Options
    On my first ever order of more than 10 cards I had a 37% rate of PSA 10s. Okay, okay, I know it's cheating because it was 1975 SSPC, but it's still pretty good.

I only sent in cards that I thought could be 10s after close inspection using proper lighting and magnification. I had 50 of each card to choose from. Funny thing is, the same eyes that pulled 13 of 15 on Bench went 0 for 10 on Brett. Hmmm...makes me wonder if there was a moratorium on Brett 10s mandated for a while. Brett seems to be tougher in 10 than other cards in the set, but no way was there not a single 10 in that group.

Even better, how about 0 for 18 with 5 8s on the "Noland" Ryan/Hunter error card??? Again, same eyes used on all 100 cards, checked and re-checked. Interesting. The invoice # is 8027784. It was under the January Set Registry Special and I had my cards back within 2 weeks.

If PSA ever decides to grade the cards I sent in for the FEBRUARY special, the ones I sent back in FEBRUARY, I will post the results and all will get a good laugh as there will be more 1s and 2s than you could imagine. Of course, with these particular cards a 4 is high grade and most of the 1s are very nice examples.

-Ryan

• Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    I wanna 10...