Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Oh boy..my cards are in the mail...

I just dropped of my FIRST PSA submission at the post office. I have decided to go after a nice vintage set...a really really vintage set...this one in all PSA form. I have already built a display shelf for the cards(I'll post a pic when I get the cards back). 6 are in the mail and 2 are here on the desk (and a couple in the mail from auctions). A decent start...

I'll post my invoice when I get it if anyone is nosy(I know I always like to see the grades others got-- some sort of strange voyeuristic trait). I don't expect the cards to rate anything higher than a 5 if I'm lucky and nothing lower than a 3...but on these cards even 3's are attractive.

So whats next, will PSA email me when they arrive and give me code number to check thier site for the grades?

Just a bit nervous on my first submission. I guess I'm not a PSA virgin anymore image

Thanks to all here who got me excited about not only completing sets (and helping me to that goal), but also inspired me to go for a set on the registry.

Comments

• Options
    When PSA receives your cards they will send you an email saying the cards have been received... Goood Luck !!! Glad to heqar you are taking the plunge
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options

<<"Just a bit nervous on my first submission. I guess I'm not a PSA virgin anymore.">>

Aw, come on, go ahead and "drop trou" and tell us what year and set it is. We voyuers don't want to wait until you get your invoice graded!
  • Options

Wow! You sure picked a nice set to go after. When you said vintage you sure meant it. I wish you the best in this venture, as it will be difficult and could be very expensive. Good hunting. image

Ed
    email address: alohaet@hotmail.com
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Good luck on your "T" set....

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Looks like "Hench" can help you out! gee Wizz! How did you register with only one card?? I thought you had to have three to start to go on???image
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Caramels,

You need three cards if you're requesting a new set for BJ to set up. But, if the set is already there - you can start with one.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    mrc32mrc32 Posts: 604
    Whats wrong with starting with one? Didn't everybody start with one? image

And I have no plans on completing the set anytime soon. But this will be the one I will be working on the most. I just think it is one of the most attractive baseball sets of all time. Certainly one of the most historic.
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with having noe. i thought however you could not register your 'set' unless you had at least three cards is all? What is the rule here? image
  • Options
    Like Frank said, you have to have 3 cards in order to request a new set be added to the registry, but if the set is already existing you can get on the list with just one card from the set.
  • Options
    Great! Now I can use the registry as a check list for a bunch of stuff! i'm all it.imageimage
  • Options
    Should I be worried? My first submission left KY last Wednesday. It is now Tuesday of the following week and I haven't heard a peep from PSA stating that the cards arrived. I did insure them.

Am I being paranoid?
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    You're being paranoid. It's most likely that the cards arrived but have not been processed and inputted into their databases yet. Wait a week, and if you don't hear from them by then, contact Charlie or call Customer Service.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
  • Options
    Seems like they have been busier recently. For a while they were really on top of it, but results seem slower right now. I must admit, I'm tired of seeing "Your shipment was received on 02/04/2003. Further processing is pending." I think maybe the WIWAG reviews have been using up some of the resources.
  • Options
    PSA will give you an email within the first few days, but consider yourself lucky if you get your submissions back within 3-4 weeks.
    Bill "diamantedude"
    Anybody want to sell pre-1972 team cards (any PSA condition even 5 and 6), give me an email, I'd like to buy
  • Options
    I just thought I would revive this post and toot my horn a little as I have passed 15% on my T-205 set-- now 7 months later.

As others have said-- if you want to toot your own horn about your 100+ year old cardboard collection, then this is the place to do it!!!

I'm doing my set on a budget and have paid well under SMR for most of my cards. I never thought I would be able to pick up so many HOFers so early on in the process.

I still haven't added scans for most of my cards. The pictures I do have up are ones I snagged from on-line auctions mostly. I really want to add scans ala Mikeschmidt and others with fronts and backs stitched. Just haven't gotten around to it.

I also attached a older picture of how I display my set. I built several wood shelves for my home office (I work full time from home), and add them to my wall as I pick them up.

Thanks go to many people on this board and Network 54, for intelligent discussion and encouragement.

Michael

PS- 15% may not seem like a big deal to many people, but when you are collecting Gold Borders, on a budget and with certain condition requirements....trust me its an accomplishment...

• Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    mrc32,

On that set 15% is great. Best of luck on the rest and I hope you enjoy the cards during the chase.
    It is what collecting is all about.

Great going!

aconte
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    MRC - Good job! Slowly but surely your getting there.
    Most of the collecting world prefers the white border T206, but like you I prefer the gold border T205, the fronts are more ornate and I love reading the stats of the player...jay
  • Options
    mrc32...

That Bell card looks mighty nice for a 5...(maybe thoughts on your first "crack out"???...)

Great job...

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    UllrUllr Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    MRC32 - Wow! those cards look fantastic lined up side by side.
    If I were ever to collect a pre war set it would be 205's hands down.
    Good Luck
    collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. That picture that I took is a little old.....I have many more on displayed....I'll take a new picture and post it....they really look cool if I may say so myself.