Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

A last minute update from Louis... :)

Doesn't this seem a bit strange... LINK? image

Just when I thought there might be a chance the ghost sets would be taken out of the Registry, Louis pops up again. image
Dan

Comments

• Options
    not sure i unerstand why its strange. i'm not familiar with that series, so just an educational question. tg
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    Was the set just added, or was it updated? Man, Louis must have been a major diehard collector if he's still upgrading his set from the grave!image

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Man, Louis must have been a major diehard collector if he's still upgrading his set from the grave!

LW,

That was my point. image

tg,

I believe it was just added. There are a few collectors, myself included, that find it frustrating to see these sets along side all the others in the Registry, when some of the coins are in "other grading services holders". This issue is no one can use an NGC, ANACS, or other grading service's coin in the PCGS Registry.

While I agree collections like that of Louis Eliasberg should be recognized, I feel they should be in a classification of their own. Most of the "phantom sets" (as some call them) we're assembled pre-PCGS.
    Dan
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Phantom sets would be an educational and informative "aside" appropriately mentioned in pcgs's set description.
    That's a nice way of saying,
    Get the phantom sets outta the registry!